Thread: Lenovo G550 looses battery very quick

Lenovo G550 looses battery very quick

I now have about 1.5 years since a white Lenovo G550 laptop think is the name ...) and now for several months, the problem that my battery drains pretty fast. It says that a maximum of 20-30 min, but I adjusted the screen brightness as low as possible. If I then plug in the power grid, it takes a long time to recharge (so 1-2 hours). That's not really normal, or? Is my battery broken and I need to buy me a new one? How much does a battery last. Thanks in advance!

Re: Lenovo G550 looses battery very quick

You probably have a lithium-ion battery as well as most electronic devices today. You can not use forever. that is, if you know the battery too often to the net closes, then go every time as it were a life away from the many. it means that the battery gives up its so slow spirit, although for 1.5 years of relatively little time is. Well maybe you have it very often recharged. It may therefore well be that the battery will soon be replaced.

There are a number of tips you should follow the steps below:

1. The backlit screen is often adjustable. Try to reduce, but still keep sufficient readability.
    2. Set the energy saver Windows to cut the screen and hard drive when idle. You can also ask him to pause if the computer is idle for some time.
    3. Also set for energy that turns off the screen and the computer goes into standby when the screen is folded down.

There is a way to greatly increase the duration of your battery. You're going to start then control panel give you double click where it says energy options and the tab that says selected energy combinations the maximum battery says. Do not be fooled by the name of the configuration, all settings this is what gives more duration to the battery and also makes your notebook is much less hot, I know from personal experience.

The laptop batteries are like those of the mobiles (lithium) the drawback is that the screen of our laptop is about 10 times larger (also handles more processes) and we charge only when mobile is low, the laptop is not always so that we can then charge the batteries over time do not retain charge as well and last for 20 min movie? more? You can buy batteries with more cells to extend its duration, and load (because they have a minimum standard of cells 4 or 6) when 8 and 12 batteries that last up +6 hours (12 cells). Wears away more or less according to PC performance at the time, but the factory loaded battery is very limited. I hope I've helped