Thread: Theme applications for Maemo 5

Theme applications for Maemo 5

I'm a developer expert in making themes for Symbian Operating system. I create free and marketable themes that are available in Ovi Store. Subsequent to considering the new device from Nokia, N900 which runs maemo 5, I have got bit anxious about the leeway to build up theme applications. In Symbian, making themes is composite and complicated, as there are huge number of elements to be skinned; but the outcome is enormous as each feature of the interface can be modified. And there is an opportunity to group themes in application files that can be installed as universal apps, and sold in Ovi store also. Will it be achievable to build up themes that are simple to install, and expectantly to insert them to the ovi store marketplace? if so, will maemo themes would be allowing deep customization, including icons, and are they compatible with scalable vector graphics (SVG)?

Re: Theme applications for Maemo 5

While making symbian themes, I've always liked the themes made by pizero, I thank to him from my heart for his creativity. Concerning your questions, the earlier maemo devices could alter quite a few elements of the user interface which contains icons and backgrounds, and you'll stumble on more than a few threads on forums. I suggest for themes like plankton, lcars, titan, velvet. Because the os is untied, I don't think there will be trouble to build installable packages - in the standard .deb format of debian.

Theme maker applications will be out shortly that'll make it very effortless to build themes for Maemo. Nevertheless, There are no limits for customization with an open source Operating Systems. In LCARS there was not even a single thing unthemed. There is a fresh startup screen, icons, buttons, colour palette, sounds, wallpaper... and the lot you can visualize. Best thing about them is that installing them needs only couple of clicks. I don't have any idea about an integration of them with an OVI store, since that's not declared yet. I assume it'll work like with any other phone.

I think there is no theme maker application yet released for making the maemo 5 themes. So you guys need to get the themes directly as there are many themes available for changing the look and feel of your maemo but when it comes to customized themes then I guess linux will take much more time for such a friendly graphics of an operating system.

You are experts in graphic design and like to create themes for Smartphone ? Allora Maemo Theme Maker v 1.2.7 is what is good for you. The new version of the program, fully compatible with the Windows operating system, you can create custom themes for beautiful Nokia N900. The software allows you to work very similar to another program to develop.

The Theme Maker is still somewhat limited in functionality, but the application is sometimes the first indication that we will in future have to Maemo 5 smartphones a variety of topics, as is proper for S60 for granted. But back to the Theme Maker. With this you can already change several things. For example, buttons, toolbars, widgets, fonts, icons, and images. If interested just try it yourself.