Thread: Unable to collect my iphone mail through Exchange 2003 ActiveSync

Unable to collect my iphone mail through Exchange 2003 ActiveSync

I am a network administrator: I am having 2003 server which is running exchange 2003. A gateway that is installed on ISA Server 2006. My Gateway has two network cards with a paw internal and one external connection for the internet. Allow me to spread my 2 main concerns:
    1) Locally, OWA and OMA working correctly. But by configuring an Exchange account on the iphone's boss, I accept the certificate issued by the server. But afterwards, the iphone cannot retrieve messages on server. I cannot send mail to another account from the iphone.
    Someone has an idea of what could be the basis of this problem?
    2) How should I install a certificate on my gateway so as to enable users to access OWA through internet? My gateway has two network cards (199.20.. And 10.10.25.69) Thank you for your contribution in addressing this concern.

Re: Unable to collect my iphone mail through Exchange 2003 ActiveSync

Verify that the cert used by OWA is identical to that installed in ISA. You have installed a certificate authority (on a DC in general). You've created your certificate from your exch2003 has Exchange2003 and installed this one on your CA. You have retrieved the certificate in question and check that it took well into account your authoritative tone and server. This one you have installed on your ISA or not. (Note for versions ISA = it is necessary to install the certificate by downloading it directly from the CA then you must have a rule which allows ISA to talk to your CA.) The rules generally used in ISA: Internet SMTP > Exchange front-end server (good) or your exchange (it is madness). Internet Other (POP, IMAP, ESWC) > Exchange front-end server (good) or directly to your exchange (not good) and other rules. Or you exchange your brackets to move your ISA or directly by a platform antispam / antivirus (Forefront - security appliance). Either all internal mails go to external (smtp connector by default). Optionally (you can never be too careful) to verify that the URL of the message is acknowledged by your ISP.

In fact on the local network, I cannot send or receive mail from the iphone. If push the internals, so we could try to test it from outside. But this is not the case. My main objective is first to run it internally. Even in the Observer, there SCECLI 1704 event which appears every attempt to retrieve mail on exchange. My main concern is that I cannot send or receive emails on my iphone. If locally, it works so see how to connect via the net. I have tested locally but the result are not that good anyways thanks for your help and support. If you have any other idea, do let me know about that.

The iPhone emulates a certificate if the port 443 is enabled but no certificate "dedicated". I can only advise you to acquire a certificate from a CA, otherwise it is a galley (especially from Exchange 2010). If the 500 error leads me to think that you did not enable forms authentication in the HTTP protocol in the Exchange manager. Check this point. I am sure that this will definitely solve the issue that you are facing. Try to follow these steps and I am sure that you will get the solution for the problem that you are facing.

Forms authentication is not enabled. But when it is activated, the test error forever. I have a local certification authority issuing certificates. I manage to connect locally with the iphone in ssl. Without ssl, it displays "Unable to identify the mail server connection failed" and when I send mail from the iPhone, it displays "Failed sending mail: An error occurred while transmitting this message" I think with all the information, I was explicit in order to better help me. Now your suggestion is valuable for me, it will be better if you can guide me for further details. I will be waiting for your reply.

To use the certificate does not matter in itself! There will just be a warning to commit "after" the first boot of the iPhone. However, authentication is often problematic, as well as inheritance rights to the account in AD. Careful never to make the tests with the accounts of type "Administrators"! There are restrictions on using ActiveSync to these accounts. For ISA, the solution (temporary) is often to allow direct authentication on Exchange. For the history of Warning, the iPhone will tell you that the certificate not be validated because it does not come from a root authority, but still validate the configuration.