Thread: Upgraded X10 and now not able to connect to WiFi

Upgraded X10 and now not able to connect to WiFi

I am having some trouble with my X10. I have recently updated my X10 through Sony Update Service. But at the moment my x10 has 2.1 however I am not able on the way to connect to Wifi. The problem is only with wifi for the reason that 3G works very well. But WiFi is on. It identifies the network available. And when try to connect, type the password. It states that "Obtaining Internet protocol address from" and after that prompts Unsuccessful. I need to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you in advance. Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Upgraded X10 and now not able to connect to WiFi

I also experienced the similar trouble by means of my X10. I was able on the way to connect to WiFi however I was not capable to surf or else not capable to connect internet for any application. I was able to observe the Internet Protocol address as well as status shows connected. After the reboot of cell phone it is functioning. But next day similar difficulty observed once more after reboot am able to make use of internet. This was not the case previous to 2.1 upgrade and I by no means faced any such trouble. Please attempt to fix it as soon as possible, as it is really annoying. Thank you in advance for any valuable suggestion.

In reality I was able on the way to connect to wi-fi however I am not able to browse anything neither market, gtalk and so on. I have to for all time reboot the cell phone in turn to get it functioning, but at the present even after rebooting I cannot access the internet. Previous to the operating system update my Xperia X10i was functioning very well with no bug, but from the time when updated daily there is a number of troubles going on. It is in reality very annoying. I agree you.

I also have this trouble; I only had 1.6 on my x10 for a day and to the extent that I can memorize it worked well on the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) secured network at work. But after upgrading to 2.1 it cannot connect by means of the built in N/W setting application. I handle to arrange it to connect via WiFi Advance however the settings do not appear to 'stick'.Extremely irritating.The whole thing works as predictable at home via Bluetooth Home Hub which makes use of different encryption as well as iirc different 802.11 standards.