Thread: Error While updating the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini

Error While updating the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini

If I attempt by the use of PC Companion provided by the Sony Ericsson to update Xperia X10 mini it just begins to arranging and it remains there intended for a whilst then provides the error 'Unable to install or start update components'. I afterward click on top of OK option and it tells 'The update of software has failed. Please try over again or confer with Sony Ericsson support for assistance”. After display of the error the application shuts off automatically. No matter how I try to connect to computer and try to Update the phone, the results are same. Please assist me with this problem.

Re: Error While updating the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini

On the subject of the update difficulty that you are getting, I would suggest you to put out of action each and every one the security utilities inside your phone intended for you to be capable to update it and if that doesn't toil, furthermore seek by the use of an additional usb cable and a different usb port into your PC. If you are still not capable to update, please strive using a new PC to carry out the update. I can fairly assume that it is something to do with the PC itself.

Following performing factory reset, this trouble is not shorted out. I am in front of trouble in the second stage of the update process. First I Push and hold the rear button on the X10 mini while linking USB cable toward the phone. Subsequent to doing this pace phone is receiving restart surrounded by 2 minutes. And following several time dialogue envelope displays the error message that "having issue preparing the phone intended for the update. After several tries I finally able to update my phone. I also took the SD card out of the phone while updating.

Prior to update you need to get several things in your computer for the compatibility of the update process. First of all get a latest version of PC companion. It is the most important recommendation.
    • Perform CLEAN UNINSTALL of previous PC Companion. You can make use of any third party uninstaller for removing existing components of PCC.
    • Open the official Sony Ericsson support page in support of your phone model and download most up-to-date copy of PC Companion.
    • If you are using any kind of firewall program please disable or uninstall it for now in your computer.
    • Now Install PC Companion and get you phone and usb cable ready. When prompted, connect to PC Companion.
    • If only the installation settled well then only you are supposed to be informed that an update is obtainable in support of your phone.

I think that it is the issue about the network operator. I also faced the similar problem when I was using one kind of Sim. I don’t want to mention its name. When I was trying to update toward 2.1 then it told me that the update is not available for now. You need to hang around for the reason that they have not freed the software. I think that you should get new operator or SIM in order to get the latest update for X10Mini pro.