Thread: Update failiure in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Update failiure in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Yesterday I have tried to update my X8 to 2.1 via PC Companion. When I connect in the USB toward my X8 the PC companion, it describes me that the 2.1 update is obtainable intended for my cell phone. I begin the update progress and the whole thing appears standard. The PC companion starts the groundwork process except when it arrives at in the region of 35% it immediately seem resembling it stops and past a while it informs an installation fault ā€¯incapable to install or initiate phone software update components". Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Re: Update failiure in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

I think that first of all you need to backup all the contents inside the phone memory as well as the Micro SD card to the computer. Once the backup is created then you need to reset or restore the phone by using the factory restore options. Reboot the phone twice once the reset process has been completed. Now you can easily update your phone software to whichever version. I did the same thing when I encountered the problem.

I think that it is something related to your computer itself. Make sure that the PC companion you have got from the Sony Ericsson is compatible with your system configuration as well as the operating system. If you are still using the old version of OS or PCC then I urge you to upgrade both so that both can be recognizable easy when syncing with the phone. Also make sure that the USB cable you are using is specifically meant for that. Have you installed the all drivers in your computer that are necessary for X8?

Do you have installed any kind of firewall, anti-virus or else additional security tools in your computer? If the answer is yes, disable it before connecting and updating your X8. It might be possible that those security utilities not allowing update process. If you are behind the proxy then configure it physically and go to Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Fill the proper stuffs or values there. If there is an administrator access in your computer then use that login in order to achieve this.

My proposal would be in the direction of download the Sony Ericsson Update Service by the help of the Sony Ericsson official site. First of all download and install it in your PC. Then run it, you need to follow the screen instructions given there. This will permit you to accomplish a 'repair' on your X8 phone's firmware, in addition to will install the most up-to-date edition while it's by the side of it. On one occasion that's completed you ought to be up and about and running all over again.

The Xperia X8 phone necessitates being within flash mode during the update process. When encouraged by SEUS plug up the Micro USB inside the phone at the same time as holding the rear switch. SEUS will notify you when to permit leave of the rear push button; it's approximately when the green LED turns out to be a hard glow. If you are ruling this complicated then undertake getting rid of the battery, substitute the battery, do not twist the cell phone on, connect the micro ending of the USB wire into the mobile phone however go away the PC end unplugged in anticipation of provoked again through SEUS.