Thread: Wireless printing from Laptop through imac?

Wireless printing from Laptop through imac?

I am having an Acer laptop running XP Professional 32 bit. My desktop is an iMac with the most recent edition of the Mac operating system. I have a dlink di524 router which is connected to the iMac. I use to connect wirelessly by means of the laptop. I am able to print straightforwardly from the laptop to an Epson Stylus C88 at what time I plug it directly into the laptop. I would like to know is it likely to print wirelessly from my laptop? I also have sharing turned on in the printer preferences on the iMac. If you have any suggestion to resolve this issue please let me know. Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Wireless printing from Laptop through imac?

I have the similar problem. Just purchase the Macbook Pro for my brother and this is my first obstacle as well coming out of sleep mode as well as not discovering my network/shared files on the computer. I also have a Canon MP760 connected to an HP desktop using windows Vista and did not figure it out. I for a moment attempted connecting the printer directly up to our wireless router D Link DIR-655 wireless however have not figured that one out up till now either. If you find it figured out please allow me know also?

First, I recommend you to download as well as install the most recent updated drivers for the system which is compatible by the Windows 7 OS and download it from the manufacturer’s website. If you have previously set up a home group and desire to access a shared printer from another home group PC, just follow the following steps to manually connect to a home group printer:
    1. On the computer the printer is manually connected to, go to Start menu and after that click Control Panel. In the search box, type homegroup, and after that click HomeGroup.
    2. Ensure the Printers check box is chosen.
    3. Go to the PC you desire to print from.
    4. By clicking the Start button open HomeGroup and click Control Panel, type homegroup in the search box, and after that click HomeGroup.
    5. Now Click Install printer.
    If you do not previously have a driver installed for the printer, in the dialog box that appears click Install driver

Procedure to turn on file and printer sharing
    1. Go to start menu and select control panel and open Advanced sharing settings. Inside the search box, type network and click Network and Sharing Center, and after that in the left pane select Change advanced sharing settings.
    2. Click the chevron to enlarge the present network profile.
    3. See under File and printer sharing if the printer sharing is off, choose Turn on file and printer sharing, as well as after that click save changes. If you are prompted for an administrator password provide the password. At this moment you require to share the printer itself.

Procedures to share your printer:
    1. Go to start menu and after that on the start menu click on devices and printers.
    2. Right-click the printer you desire to share, as well as after that click Printer properties.
    3. Click the Sharing tab, as well as check mark Share this printer check box.
    Other people on your network are able to at this instant connect to this printer. All they require to perform is adding a network printer to their workstations.

You may as well need on the way to follow these steps to verify that the printer is set to print on both the Mac as well as Windows 7 PC:
    Perform the below steps on the Windows 7 computer:
    1. Go to Start menu as well as choose Control Panel.And now Choose "Programs and Features" pane.
    2. After that click on "Turn Windows Features on or off".
    4. Under "Print and Document Services" click on the "LPD Print Service"..

Follow the below steps on the Mac PC:
    1. You will require on the way to open "System Preferences"-> "Print & Fax".
    2. Now Click "+" to add a printer as well as add "Advanced" button.
    3. After that Choose Advanced. In the "Type:" field choose "LPD/LPR Host or Printer".
    4. In the "URL:" field enter lpd://ServeName/PrinterShareName.
    5. After that click on the "Add" button.