Thread: Downloads Stuck inside Android Market in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Downloads Stuck inside Android Market in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Few days ago I got a new X8 from Sony Ericsson and was lastly capable to update toward 2.1. On the other hand, I cannot download whichever applications from the Android Market app. When I try to download it, they immediately catch stuck at the "Starting download" stage. Actually I am connecting the phone via Wifi. I don’t get any trouble while browsing through webbrowser. I have cleared the cache memory and free up some space from phone. Later I tried to log into the Gtalk but it also gets stuck. This is my 1st android operated phone. It’s extremely annoying that I can't download whatever thing from the app called Android Market. Any idea about this issue?

Re: Downloads Stuck inside Android Market in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

I think that you haven’t configured the Gmail yet. You need to properly sign into Gmail account. If you put wrong password then it possible suspends its process for several minutes. I know that the Android market is somehow associated to Gmail account. If you have already try this before then I urge you to create another Gmail account from different name from your X8 itself and then try to download the app. Reset the phone to default settings if necessary also ensure that the phone has properly upgraded to 2.1 version of Android.

There are several troubleshooting steps that you need to perform on your phone in case it is causing much problem over downloading.
    • Ensure you enclose sufficient accessible space. Make sure that there is no low space icon
    • Reboot the phone after the Master REset.
    • If you at rest include waiting downloads, withdraw each and every one outstanding/pending downloads. You don’t have to be paid in favor of app again. Once paid you can download it as many times
    • If waiting downloads will not terminate, uninstall the app.
    • Now try to re-download your apps.

I did try several fixes to my android market application in X8. The market stuck on preliminary download from the time when I bought the phone in excess of a month before.
    • Remove the microSD card from the phones slot.
    • Back up all data in your phone to computer and then do the Master Reset.
    • Complete the Factory Reset. Do not go for inserting the SD card now.
    • Reboot the phone and then directly go for login to GOOGLE TALK. If you don’t have a Gmail account then create one using phone.
    • Once the login become successful go back to home menu and launch Market.
    • Find any good app or game and then Press the Download
    • If the download becomes successful and completed then only insert the SD card.

I would advise testing your supposition to observe if that determines the problems you are incidenting. I would -furthermore recommend follow the underneath steps on your phone to perceive if this assists through the trouble you are gaining:
    • Move towards Settings in your X8.
    • Click on Applications.
    • Choose Manage Applications.
    • There again click on Market.
    • Go for Uninstall Updates (if obtainable).
    • Lastly choose Clear Cache.

On one occasion it is finished, attempt downloading the apps from the Market over again. I anticipate this assists you.

I have got the same issue when I connected to my WiFi router which shares the wireless connection. Later I found that it is the cause of the firewall settings. Some firewall included in the router causes download due to high security settings enabled on that. Because it does provides downloads from any unknown sources. I heard that you might need to open port 5228 in order to get work. I tried it in my home router in which there is no firewall and I successfully installed the app. This works on 3G connection too. I think that it is either the issue of the enables firewall settings or disabled. You need to check on both.