Thread: Will Maemo 6 work in Nokia N900

Will Maemo 6 work in Nokia N900

I purchased Nokia N900 Smartphone 2 months ago and I m currently planning to buy the N920 for my younger brother. I mean as soon as N920 comes out, it's believed that Maemo 6 will run inside it, is this prediction is fine or not. So this indicates that Nokia N900 get several update that will go round Maemo 5 to convert into Maemo 6? It would be embarrassment that such a fine smart phone becomes outdated so fast. So my concern is that this N900 phone will connect with the Maemo 6 or not. I know that this phone is supporting well with the maemo 5 very easily. Can I get the update for the maemo 6 to work fine inside my smart phone so please reply me on this post help will be grateful.
    Last edited by Aditya K.; 14-01-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Re: Will Maemo work in Nokia N900

In my opinion I have a feeling that Nokia will be intelligent this time. They should have understood that they can only maintain their place in the altering smartphone-market if they don't keep their clients in leading-strings. The hardware of the N900 is tremendous they will support Maemo 6 if you are running maemo 5 on your phone, the device is very durable and the build excellence is the best I've seen in the last few years (match up to to other smartphones). Now if Nokia illustrate the users that they also acquire long-term updates as well as sustain for their "old" devices lots of more public are likely to purchase a fresh N9xx. It goes with no saying that N900-owners will not be capable to use multi-touch motion, but they could yet profit from Maemo 6.

If any person from Nokia is disappearing to read this conversation: set an instance with the N900 will support the Maemo 6 and demonstrate your potential customers that they can be expecting long-term support as well as updates! You'll assistance from it in 2 traditions: contemporary N900-users are further to be expected to purchase Nokia devices once more (almost certainly not the N9xx though) as well as new users gain conviction in Nokia. All in all this will add to N9xx sales figures, which is what you probably want from their customers.

There is a lot of alteration in Maemo 6 as compared to the maemo 5 for the Nokia N900 series. Since you are trying to buy the N920 series of smart phone for your brother it will sure that maemo 6 will support the nokia n920. A lot of N900 users are "near the beginning adopters" and concerned in helping find bugs, issues. Nokia might get an enormous quantity of testing of Maemo 6 (further than new hw support) by manufacturing betas obtainable to the N900 neighborhood. As extended as it's completed evidently, users can be acquainted by means of the caveats, this could construct Maemo 6 far extra solid & even improved on any new tool that's launched for the development.

To be reasonable to say that the Nokia N900 doesn't require to support Maemo6, but it requirements to be well-matched with the new Maemo framework to permit new maemo software to perform correctly inside the Nokia N900. if the N900 continue as it is, identical look and feel, but was capable to run meego applications, that would be improved than nothing than the previous series of Nokia as well as I believe that might be individual worked on to improve the device with great capability, but does seem to suggest it might keep it alive a bit longer. I think in stipulations of Windows 7 as well as XP. Windows XP isn't 7, but XP can run the most recent .net surroundings same as Windows 7. so .net applications will work the same for the Nokia N900.

Re: Will Maemo 6 work in Nokia N900

Just as the neighborhood came up with hacked version of later Maemo versions to install on the N770, I have no hesitation that ultimately some Maemo 6 edition will be obtainable for the N900 (and, expectantly, some kind of Maemo 5 will be obtainable for my N810). My point was that a phone maker, Nokia has not in the past been worried with making their latest OS well-suited with existing hardware. If you are buying the N900, you be supposed to purchase it based on the existing capabilities of Maemo 5, not on the potential benefits of Maemo 6. There is slight chance it make work with the proper updates.