Thread: Upgrading Android 1.6 to 2.1 by PC Companion

Upgrading Android 1.6 to 2.1 by PC Companion

I am trying to update my Sony Ericsson X8 phone which is currently running an Android 1.6 which I am about to update to the 2.1 version. I have got the message about the same but when I am trying to do the same by using the PC Companion then it is not working. Can you guys tell me that where my phone or the system might be lacking due to which it does not works?

Re: Upgrading Android 1.6 to 2.1 by PC Companion

I have a problem and that when updating the software. The Sony Ericsson PC Companion gives me on the phone I should prepare for the upgrade by I provide the USB connection. I have made and that's all well and good, only happens after this step, simply nothing more. The PC Companion is stopped at step 2, preparing.

With PC Companion it would be a short one, I have used it for about six months, PCC and non-precious Seus...and it has always worked. Even on PC there is not a problem about programs. By the way currently there is no way to root after the last update...So if you really need root privileges...should it be so superior to update .... but at NEN XDA custom Rom + instructions posted what one has continued to gain root privileges.

I have seen some strange behavior from the Windows operating systems as it does not works for all the versions of the software. Actually the problem about which you guys are discussing here is not seen on the Windows 7 operating system. No, I am not talking about updating your operating system but there was a same case on some forum where user was running Windows Vista machine and update was not working but then he installed the Windows 7 where the same software with the same mobile started working flawlessly. I don't know why it happened as I know that the same thing works with the Windows Vista also but seems to be solving problem by using latest version of Windows.