Thread: Cannot send text messages after updating xperia x8

Cannot send text messages after updating xperia x8

I am having the Sony Xperia x8 phone I had purchased it around a couple of months back, I just updated my phone. I effectively updated to the official Vodafone release using Update service provided by Sony Ericsson , I am quite impressed by the update , but I never know that t will generate some problem in my phone , I am not able to send the text messages across , it is really annoying me as it is such a big multi media phone that has lots of advanced feature but not able to perform one of the most basic function of a mobile phone, it works sometimes and then it stops in mid, please help me anyone if you have any body has any sort of idea on this .

Re: Cannot send text messages after updating xperia x8

Well if you ask me I think there might be some kind of bug in your system , well if not that your phone might not be in the network , please check the network in your phone while you send any text message get your phone in a full network area and then try to send any text message , well there are a few application that you can use to do this and you can locate those application in the Android market.

Your phone is quite new but it looks like your service provider is very old, are you suing the same number since a long time , if yes then , they would have called you for the document submission , if you do not submit the required document on time I think they disable this service and you are barred from sending messages , so it is not having to do anything with the phone, if you really want to enjoy the message service you will have to submit the documents on time . Then you will not get any complaints . Hope this might help you at some extent . Or you can try the application form the Android market.

Well in that case you can contact the service provider directly and ask about the same but if they say that everything is allright from their part you need to check your phone, you can use a sim card of some other service provider and see if you can send any text message. You can borrow the sim card from any one either from your family or from your friends . If you successful are able you send and receive the text messages then there is nothing wrong with the phone , you can back to the service provider and tell them the whole scenario , the will assist you in best manner, but still if the issue persists your phone needs a replacement, you can give your latest updates on this.

Well I too think that there is no such issues as far as the Sony phones are concerned , there can neither be the issue with the service provider as well, will there are certain issues when we dig out all the sources we have but are completely unaware that the solution is right under our nose , you need to check the message center number , there is a appropriate message number provided by each and every service provider , you can ask for yours and punch in the message settings and get your work done.