Thread: Asus EEE PC 1005PE: Brightness keys change dimming

Asus EEE PC 1005PE: Brightness keys change dimming

I am utilizing Karmic, non Netbook remix. I have looked around Google for the previous some hours and establish not anything sorry if I overlooked a fix. While altering the brightness through FN+f5 or f6 the brightness alters randomly. It does the similar while affecting the slider in gnome power director. Is there a fix for this someplace? It makes the soft while idle feature totally ineffective, since the screen gets brig

Re: Asus EEE PC 1005PE: Brightness keys change dimming

I attempted quite a lot of way out addressed in the direction of other makes/models of laptops. Not anything worked. I could not discover any positions to Compaq's either. I was able, on the other hand, to adjust 2 ideas that I establish and make them effort with my laptop. I get no praise for the essential code. I establish it in lot of locations. All I did was adjust some things to make it exertion in my laptop. My how to might get quite extended, but expectantly it makes sense one time you read it through and assists a few Compaq persons, or anyone else that has been irritated by the incapability to alter screen brightness.

This will craft the brightness keys work:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
    discover the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and put in "acpi_osi: Linux" so it seems like this GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT: "quiet acpi_osi: Linux". Accumulate the file. Now sprint update-grub2.

Code:
    sudo update-grub2
    But gnome power manager still arbitrarily alters the backlight. I immobilized it from establish, and begin it from the command line while I wish to hang on closing the lid.

Here I can't say more but just add something. Gnome power manager is still sort a crazy, cycles via the brightness levels 2 times, but as a minimum there a few order to it. FN keys work flawlessly though. Other than containing to physically make a fancontrol file and a network problem leaving reserve, Ubuntu has been almost perfect on the EEEPC for me. Great work all the redevelopers out there.

You talked about a network problem leaving standby. I possibly have the similar trouble, but I could not discover any information to resolve it, nor anybody reporting the similar problem up to now. In my case, Ethernet does not recommence properly. Later than hang up, the wired network does not effort, nor does it do the wireless, if I attempt to twist it on. The Ethernet hardware is not documented any longer and it does not show up on a "lshw -C network" command. On the opposing, if I twist the wireless on earlier than hang up, then it is recommenced properly. Did you discover any way out to this?