Thread: Sony X8 Update failed

Sony X8 Update failed

Friends, I am having the Sony X8 phone. This is very good phone to use. Last Monday, I got a message on my phone that says "There is an update for your phone". So I tried to update the phone but it was not able to update that completely. It just shows me the message that says “Update failed”. I tried to do that many times but all the times it shows me the same thing again and again. I don’t have any idea that why this is happening to me and how can this issue can be solved. I will appreciate each and every reply for this issue. Thank you.

Re: Sony X8 Update failed

Don’t update the phone directly with the phone. If you want to update that then you should use the Sony Ericsson Update services that are made for the computers. So search and download that in your computer. Install it and use that to update the phone. That will be the best way to do that and I don’t think that you will get any problem in updating the phone. I always do the same and never got any message like this. I hope that this will help you.

You should confirm that you are having the proper internet connection to your mobile before starting the update. It has to download new files for your phone and if there is lose connection then you will get the issues with that. So talk to the customer support of which you are having the SIM card if there is low internet connection in your phone. This is one of the possible reason for such issues.

Check that which version of the software you are using in your phone. If you are using the software of the same version that you are trying to install then you will get such issues. So search for the latest version of the update available on internet and if that is the one you are already having then there is no need to update your phone as it is already running the latest version of it. If you are using the older version of this then you can update the phone to the newest version and this will improve the performance of your phone.

The best way to know the reason for this issue is to contact the manufacturer and ask them for the problem that you are getting while update. They will give you the clear idea that why this is happening to you and how can you resolve this issue. If there is no need to update the phone then that will also be known to you from there. This should be the first step of yours in the cases like this. If it would be case for me then I would have done the same to get the reason for this.