Thread: Update services instructions does not help to update SE Xperia Mini pro

Update services instructions does not help to update SE Xperia Mini pro

I am quite confused how am I suppose to update my SE Xperia Mini pro. I begin with update service and follow the instructions to switch off the xperia phone and leave it for about 30 seconds and then connect my USB cable into computer and then to connect it into my phone while I had kept pressing the back key. I do not know for how long I need to keep holding that key , I reside in Bosnia , while the phone was being purchased from Sweden , but is there any difference or does it makes any difference if I reside in some different location .Please help me if you can provide any sort of assistance . I am waiting for the response.

Re: Update services instructions does not help to upadte SE Xperia Mini pro

I am also facing this problem. I have looked around the forum and followed all the instructions I had used companion and update service, I had also tried to repair it by removing the memory card and the sim card inserted in it , but it did not resolve the issue , whenever I try to plug connect it with the system with a USB cable , it will freeze the phone and will not respond at all but just indicates that a memory card is been inserted into it.

What you can do is , first you need to turn off your phone and turn off you phone and then you need to press the power button and keep it as it is as long as it is not showed on the display to release , I do not think there is anything wrong in the instruction , neither there is any sort of special instructions for distinct countries and locations , you need to insert the USB cable as soon as you hold back the power button . You are facing this issue and cannot update because you are not doing it as it is precisely directed.

Well if you think that you are not able to update the phone then it is quite possible that there might be some problem with the USB drivers in your system, well I will ask you to check the version of Windows you are using it currently , you can connect your phone to some other system and then try to update the phone for that you can ask any of your friend and ask for this favor . I will also ask you to restart your system and repeat the whole procedure with PC Companion/Update Service.

First of all you need to check that your sim card is unlocked or not , suppose if you are using Orange services , if you have unlocked your phone from unlocking it your phone still remains an orange based phone , So I doubt that you will be able to go for any update unless Orange or that particular service provider releases updates on tat particular , so it is quite clear that you will not be able to do anything unless you have an approval from your service provider.