Thread: Not able to unlock the first screen to get to the homescreen in my xperia x8

Not able to unlock the first screen to get to the homescreen in my xperia x8

Hello my dear friends , I am so glad to see the question and queries being answered about the Sony xperia phones , I was using the earlier version of Android, but I have just upgraded it to the 2.1 version . But it resulted into an unexpected issue , I am not able to unlock the the first screen that comes in the phone and get in any access to the home page of my xperia phone, please comment on this issue, is there any user who is using this phone for a long time and has any idea how can this problem can be fixed, I will be so glad if you provide me the actual solution for this issue . I am waiting for your response.

Re: Not able to unlock the first screen to get to the homescreen in my my xperia x8

Well in that scenario first of all I will ask you to turn off your xperia phone and then turn it on again , I think you explained your issue so well you yourself would have done this , but if it had not worked to I will ask you to take the battery of your phone and then insert it back an turn off your phone again, please do not take out the batteries directly , make sure your phone is turned off completely before you remove the batteries from it. Or else you can also perform the hard reset , but please do it only if the above mentioned step does not work , please post back the latest update and tell me of your issue is resolved , if not I can suggest you some more measures. All the best.

Re: Not able to unlock the first screen to get to the homescreen in my my xperia x8

Well the above post suggests you perform the hard reset but does not show anything how it can be done , what if you are a bit tech savvy but there are some other users too who too are facing similar sort issues but are having a very little technical knowledge about these gadgets. So to do the hard reset you can together hold the bottom left and right buttons together and then press the power button and then try to run the phone, I think the hard reset will definitely get rid off this issue .

Well if neither the battery removal or the hard reset work then what you can do is you can reinstall the software after connecting it with the computer and , for that purpose you can use the Ericsson Update Service , I think this will definitely work , or else you can an repair the option that you will be able to see in the c companion , either of this will surely work and you will not get stuck at that screen .