Thread: Sony ericsson xperia x8 prompts an error message "remembered secured with WEP" after obtaining the IP address ?

Sony ericsson xperia x8 prompts an error message "remembered secured with WEP" after obtaining the IP address ?

I have just purchased an xperia x8 of Sony , I am too facing a browsing issue with this phone , I have just read a thread that had mentioned about the issue regarding no internet connectivity , but that di not fit my case, mine is something different to it , mine too gets connected with the wifi and obtains the IP address , after a few seconds it states "remembered secured with WEP" and I do not get the connectivity please can any one come up and help me regarding this issue , I will be very grateful.

Re: Sony ericsson xperia x8 prompts an error message "remembered secured with WEP" after obtaining the IP address ?

I think you need to check the password , according to me your phonies remembering that particular network , which you are using t get the internet connectivity , in order to get your phone in the internet connectivity you will have to go to the wireless and network settings , there you will be able to see a list of available networks , there you will have to choose the appropriate network and then connect the internet, I think it will solve your issue or else I have not interpreted your question properly.

Re: Sony ericsson xperia x8 prompts an error message "remembered secured with WEP" after obtaining the IP address ?

Yes I have checked my password and the necessary credentials , I think there is not any issue with it or otherwise it could not have reached till here , I will tell you once again , after typing the password , it shows that it is obtaining the IP address and then it prompts the message which I had typed in my question , but instead it must show as connected, which it is not , so please help me out , it is really driving me crazy.

Well if you trust me you get this sort of issues resolved after pulling out the cable from the wifi unit and then again connecting it back , or else simply switch off and switch on your phone to check , well I always use my home wifi when I connect it with my x10, so it is sometimes difficult to sort out and isolate what actually is the source of the issue.

You said that you are obtaining the the Valid IP address , but if you are not I could have suggested you to check the wifi router through which you are trying to connect with your Sony phone , so if you still do not get connected, there is definitely some inbuilt phone issue , you can directly got to the service center they can handle this case in better manner than any one else