Thread: Sony ericsson xperia x8 does not download any free application

Sony ericsson xperia x8 does not download any free application

I have just purchased an Xperia X8, I had purchased it this morning, it was working well and good , I can easily access the internet, and I can check all my mailing accounts and access the social networking site such as facebook , but when it comes to download anything , it comes with some sort of issues , I cannot download some application that are free of charge , can anyone please help me on this as I am really annoyed , because on being such a big and Android enabled phone I am not able to download the applications. Whenever I start downloading anything this it says a message as “start download ” and nothing happens after that .

Re: Sony ericsson xperia x8 does not download any free application

Well it seems that there cn be something wrong as far as the service provider is concerned , you said that you are not able to download anything that are free , what you can do is you can check the service provider is not blocking the site that you are actually using to download your required applications , well if it is not that case then you can sign in to the Google talk and then sign out again and try to download the application and then install in your Android phone.

Well I consider that the above case can be possible ,I partially agree with the above mentioned reason , I think something is get blocked , and here in tis case it is the Android market is being blocked rather that any other site, so to check , since you are trying for the free applications in the Android market , you can try do download some other less charged applications to test whether you are able to download any file or application from the Android market or it is really being blocked by you service provider.

There is a bit of an ongoing problem with the Android Market and downloads at the instant and not just for the phones, but for the other users as well. .You can try to open the menu and in that go to application and then select Manage Applications, scroll down till you reach the Android market option and there you can uninstall the updates , this was the case in the 1.6 version of the Android and if its 2.1 , you you will have to make changes in the filter and then uninstall the updates. Then switch off the phone and switch on again and check out.’

To test that thing you need ot download any chargeable application , for that you can just try to connect your xperia phone to any other wifi , you can also try to connect it with your home network router if you have it in your house, and see whether you are able to download the required application or not , I did the same thing , I connected it with my home wifi and my issue was resolved at that instant.