Thread: Sony ericsson xperia x8 obtains the valid IP address but does not browse via wifi

Sony ericsson xperia x8 obtains the valid IP address but does not browse via wifi

I need a help from you people regarding my Sony ericsson , I had bought it around 8 months , but right now it has come up with some sort of issues, I cannot browse any thing from my mobile phone and it is really frustrating , I was using a Vodafone card first , then I changed it to Airtel as it was proving very costly to me very costly, then I had switched to Airtel , but now I am unable to browse anything in my phone , So can anyone one come up and suggest some solution to this issue ,I will be very grateful to him /her. Thank you in advance.

re: Sony ericsson xperia x8 obtains the valid IP address but does not browse via wifi

You had just mentioned that you are not able to browse anything from your xperia x8 phone, but you have not mentioned anything clear, so that I can or any one else can diagnose anything from this issue , you had just mentioned that you had switched from your service provider from Vodafone to Airtel , but I do not think that can be the reason for your no internet, I think you should post and say in detail about the issue why are you facing this sort of issue, so that some one including me can suggest you the actual and proper solution for your problem.

re: Sony ericsson xperia x8 obtains the valid IP address but does not browse via wifi

I am really sorry for the incomplete information I have provided about my issue, I could not provide you the actual information because I do not know much about these mobile phones as I am not that much tech savvy , so I asked my brother , although he could not get rid of the issue but told me something about it, he says that my phone is getting the valid IP address , even my phone is getting connected to the router but still I cannot browse anything , I have upgraded my x8 to éclair, but still it is of no use, now can anyone suggest me the anyway , how my system will successfully connect and will let me browse the websites I want to access and do my work .

Well did you checked the settings for your router , I think there is something related to the security router , it seems that some one else too uses the wifi internet I your vicinity and might have made some sort of changes , the changes I am talking about is about the filtering about the the devices that come in the vicinity of the router, there might be some sort of security password or it might have restriction to a few MAC address.

I think there might be some sort of issue with the router , so I will ask you to try your phone to connect with some router , or what you ca do is you can disable the setting for the router for a while and then connect the internet then try to connect with the device and attempt to browse , if still it does not work , I think the router that you have is not working properly and needs the repair or the replacement.