Thread: Sound not working in Asus N53JQ

Sound not working in Asus N53JQ

I just newly acquired the Asus N53JQ. The specs are truly good, but the interior speakers won't effort in Ubuntu, although they effort in Windows. I am a fresher user, and just require getting out of the shadow of windows, so I would be thankful for any assist I can get on this stuff. The output still works and the chipset is Intel Hm55 express. So please if anyone knows anything about this, and then help me out. Because, I attempted lots of things which is suggested by many people, but still the problem is running.

Re: Sound not working in Asus N53JQ

I have presently solved the similar trouble on my novel N53JQ. To solve this just follow the below steps:
    1. Unlock file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf as root
    2. Write to the last part of the file
      Code:
      options snd-hda-intel model=auto position fix=0
    3. Save the file
    4. At the end Reboot

Hope this will help you to solve your problem.

You can attempt this; on the other hand I cannot because I don't have anything which would play sound from HDMI. Go to sound preferences, in Ubuntu menu- System- Preferences- Sound Preferences and in card Output select HDA Nvidia Digital Stereo. I wish this will help you to solve your problem. Attempt this and after that tell me that this will help for you or not, if this will not help for you then I will try to find some more information for you.

I am not that indolent. I previously attempted that. I have completed numerous searching and there appears to have been a trouble with the drivers for the Realtek ALC259 chipset with the 10.04 and the 10.10 releases of Ubuntu (and additional sharing’s.) From what I can observe this problem is formally fixed to the extent that the Linux is anxious, but there are still a few insects obviously. As for the HDMI is that proscribed via the similar sound chip or does the Nvidia chip switch that? I am at present utilizing the proprietary Nvidia graphics drivers and they effort fine for manifold monitors and so on.

There are two sound managers in this computer. The interior speakers and input or output are prohibited by the Realtek chip that someone establish a fix for and HDMI is prohibited by the Nvidia 425m chipset. As well to the line presented by you require to put in
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel probe mask=0xffff, 0xfff1
    to the last part of the similar file and reboot. I wish this assists someone else.

I am motionlessly having troubles getting this to effort too. I have added the snd-hda-intel streak to my alsa-base.conf, but sound still not functioning and I don't have an analog alternative in the Sound preferences Output stub. The just radio key there is "Internal Audio Digital Stereo. Is there something unique I require performing to make the analog alternative show up in the Output strip?