Thread: Unable to upgrade my Sony X10 to Android 2.1

Unable to upgrade my Sony X10 to Android 2.1

I am using Sony Xperia X10 from last few months and it is really serving me the best. I am happy that I own this mobile. Now the thing here is that I am having the Android 1.6 operating system on it and I have decided to upgrade the same. Actually I have tried to upgrade it for two times but on I have failed on both the occasion. I don’t know what is happening with it and why I am not able to upgrade my system. So please help me in this case and then just let me know how to upgrade the same.

Re: Unable to upgrade my Sony X10 to 2.1

The first thing that I would like to tell you here is that just visit the official site off sony and then there you have to choose the phone model that you are using and after that it will ask you whether to upgrade the it but make sure that if you are upgrading it then you have to check whether the system is having the updated version or not. And if it doesn’t then you have to stay away from the upgrade because it may harm the phone that you are using.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem where I am not able to upgrade the mobile phone. Basically the thing here is that I have upgraded the operating system and also it is showing me that it is being upgraded. I have upgraded to 2.1 Android but after the upgradation also I am getting the 1.6 only. I don’t know why I am not able to work on the same. Have anyone faced this problem earlier and of yes then please let me know how I can solve this issue.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that the version that you are trying to upgrade is not the proper one or I can say that it is the older one. So what you have to do here is that first check whether the version that you are installing is the proper and the updated one. It happens if we are trying and installing the outdated update then we are not getting the proper support from the upgradation. I hope that this information will help you understand the problem.

I think if you want to upgrade the system then you need to install the companion software on the mobile that you are using and for that you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • Connect the USB cable into your computer and phone.
    • On the phone: Install the memory card by sliding the tray down the phone and typing on USB> Install.
    • Wait for the phone to connect and automatically starts the PC Companion.
    • From the Dashboard, use the applications to start the various services and information
    • Note: If the PC Companion software does not detect your phone in 30 seconds, unplug the phone and repeat steps 1-3
    • And then you can easily upgrade your phone with the help of this software.