Thread: cannot update sony x10 mini

cannot update sony x10 mini

I have a sony ericsson x10 mini. The problem with the phone is that it is not getting updated when connected via usb with the computer. It says that my sony phone has the latest operating system and does not need to be updated. While I disconnect it from the usb port of the computer then I keep getting messages that 2.1 version is available for the update. So whats exactly happening here when I try for the update it says that my cell phone does not require update. So can anybody explain what kind of confusion is this? Do send me your suggestions as early as possible.

Re: cannot update sony x10 mini

I think you must update it from a correct software update manager. Check whether your phone is properly installed to the system. That will definitely help you. Go to the sony ericsson sites and check for the updates and not In any random sites. Also while trying to update ensure that you have a proper internet connection and also a good operating system in your computer. Xp and above versions are the only recommended versions for this type of updates. So do carry on with the suggestion and let me know if it works or not.

Even I agree with the above user. Well what you have to do is go to the particular mobile software and check whether your computer satisfies the minimum requirement that is needed for the updates. If it satisfies then only you can go with the updates. One suggestion that I would like to give you is that if you are happy with the working with the current operating system then wait for some time and let the new version be properly released and then try for the installation. It can be a mistake from the sony people also. So do consider this suggestion also.

According to me you must contact he sony people for the particular problem. When you connect your phone to the computer and you will get the steps for the installation process. In case it is showing you that you have a proper operating system and there is no need for the updates then you must be satisfied with the present operating system. The notification that you get in the cell phone about the updates may be just a pop up and may not be anything to do with the update of your phone. So this can also be possible. So do consider this case also.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given .Well let me tell you that even I think that there is no need of the updates well whatever the software manager is showing is correct. I think the proper update is still not available for the phone. As per as the minimum requirements Is concerned then my computer does satisfies all the requirements. So thanks a lot for the efforts that you have given to solve my issue really appreciate it.