Thread: Power discharging quickly in Xperia X8

Power discharging quickly in Xperia X8

I purchased a SE Xperia X8 cell phone and I have a problem with the battery. Android 2.1 edition is Network to GSM only, Wi-Fi turned on only when I'm using the internet as well as the screen brightness set to medium. I contain "Advanced Task Killer" inside my cell phone which is set on Auto-Kill option and "Juice Defender” switched-on by Default. I have charged my cell phone I believe 8-9 most of the times since I got it. I have forever plugged it for charging when the phone alleged that it requests for charging. Should I have left it discharge totally? Days gone by, I charged my phone in the morning and I didn't utilize it at all with no running for the whole day! Today, when I wake up, my battery was at 75%!!! So anyone knows that what the problem is.

Re: Power discharging quickly in Xperia X8

By making use of a task killer won´t do you much. Most of the applications you are not using in your mobile so they are consuming approximately zero power at all. So you require checking the settings -> About phone and Battery use. Can you observe what is overwhelming your battery? Are you with SE:s individual launcher? Or have you establish other lauchers? Do you have existing wallpaper? Stop window simulation, set screen break to 30 seconds or less. Let the phone release totally, charge it. Let it set free again and charge it full again.

I think that there may be some problem with the simcard that causing to battery to drain frequently without having application running inside the cell phone. If your Simcard is quite old it takes lot of time to catch the network properly whnever you are roaming out of station. So if the application is not running on your cell phone it might have consumed the more battery life for getting the network for the cell phone.

You need to check out the Wireless and network settings inside your cell phone properly for this you need to go the Mobile networks options and afterwards you will require to find out Data traffic option from the list. If you make the Data traffic option then you should try to shut down the data traffic to make out if that progress your standby time. For finding the GPRS network the Simcard takes lot of charging to do that. And hence you are facing this type of issue.

For this you'll wish for to make out if you can try another USB cable for the charging, or entire charger, it may happen that charger adapter which you are using for your cell phone may not proper or damage. To make out if that is the trouble area. What was occurring just previous to this? Did the phone charging down in general (if the battery was low), did it shut off without warning? in conclusion, distinguish if you can find an additional battery to pop into your phone. Even though this may be more complicated, it will still help slender down the problem area. that causes the battery to drain frequently.

angry Re: Power discharging quickly in Xperia X8

hey, i was too facing this problem!!
    what i can say is this phone gonna piss me off!
    the old phone i owned was kind of.. wore off..
    therefore i changes this xperia x8.. who knows.. from last friday till now i still couldn't use it. the battery keep flowing OUT. can somebody tell us the RIGHT solution please? Thank you in advance.

There are many things that drain mobile battery quickly. Like when you are in roaming, mobile keeps searching for networks and it takes battery, while using GPS, data connection, etc.. also consumes much battery. Make this is not the case with your X8. Also make sure your devices bluetooth is not ON every time and also low your displays brightness.