Thread: How to get free Ringtones on the VX8550 Chocolate

How to get free Ringtones on the VX8550 Chocolate

Can any one help me to know how will I be able to get free ring tones for my LG chocolate cellphone. I have really wondering this from quite a while now and I tried to get this information from various sources but still I was not able to know to get the free ringtones. I have to spend allot on this ringtone, if there is some kind of software or some default way where I would be able to get the ringtones then it would be very great for me. So can any one help me to know how to achieve this thing.

Re: How to get free Ringtones on the VX8550 Chocolate

Hey I think that free ring tones depend on the service or the mobile operator that you are currently using. Most of the mobile operators who wants to compete with each other make use of this kind of free services so that customers remain attached to them for as long as possible. So you can search for which of networks provide free ringtone then switch on to it, and then you can easily enjoy the free service of the ringtone for as long as possible. Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

There is no way that you will be getting the service for free, I dont think so that any of the operator will provide this kind of services at all. If any of them will provide then I think that it would be very difficult for them to make increase their production. You dont you download the song and then use some kind of software to make them set as their ringtone. I think that since there are various site that help to download the songs for free then I think that this would be the ultimate solution for you. Also, the converting software will be available to you free of cost so you wont be faced with any problem with this one.

Hello friends I have found out the solution that can help you to download the ringtones for free on your LG mobile phone. You can certainly be able to download the ringtones for free once you go through the following steps.

1 Download the latest version of BitPim from the internet this is available for free.
    2 Install drivers from the Music Essentials Kit or install the VCast Music Manger from here: V CAST Music Manager Download
    3 Plug the phone in to your computer usb port.
    4 Run BitPim, go to Edit, then Settings and then Browse.
    5 Set the phone type to LG-VX8550 - Get Phone Data.
    6 Go to Filesystem expand it, and navigate to /brew/mod/10889/ringtones , right click in the ringtones folder and Select "New" - browse to your ringtone and click "ok"
    7 Restart the phone and you will get the free setting installed that will help you to get the free ringtones on your mobile.

Hello friends I have also got another solution to help download the free ringtones on to your mobile phone.
    First you must get you phone paird with your computer and then you have to download the Serial BT DIA from the internet and then install it in your computer.
    The widcomm drivers will have the My Bluetooth Places, you will have to select that by double clicking on the icon representing your phone
    Now run the BT DIAG by double clicking the icon to connect to your phone.
    Please pen down the com port that this connection uses because you have to use this in the com port field in BitPim
    Follow the instruction and then you will be successfully be able to connect and download ringtones on your mobile.