Thread: Apple Macbook Air: external hard drive is not working

Apple Macbook Air: external hard drive is not working

I am not able to run my external hard drive into Apple Macbook Air ultra portable laptop. This is running with windows vista OS. i am also having a 500 GB external SATA hard drive. And facing a problem with that, is not working with my laptop. For the first few days it was not detecting, but now detects but not able to access two partition. Where as the primary drive is working fine, then why other drives are not opening I can’t understand. Is there anyone having any information regarding this? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Apple Macbook Air: external hard drive is not working

According to my opinion, I thing the problem might be occurring for the connector in your machine, make sure that the USB connector is working fin along with that USB driver is also running perfectly. Though you mentioned that now you are able to open the drives in your external hard drive, but not able to access some of the partition, for that I would like to suggest you to scan that particular drive(s), might be there is any virus affected the partition or the drive. Be sure that you are using update version of antivirus scanning program in your machine, by this one, take the scan process, it will definitely help you somehow.

I would like to suggest you to format the drive by which you are facing problem, but before that if the back required, then backup all the files stored in that two partitions into some other location. Now plugged the external hard drive into your machine, and open the drive, now right lick on the partition which is creating problem. Select the format option; don’t select the quick format option from the pop up window. This process, sometimes not format completely. Now in the same process do the same thing in to the second partition. Now replugged the drive with your machine and I hope by this you will be able to overcome from the problem. But before that I would like to suggest you to check the hardware defect, this might be the cause of the problem.

I also thing that the issue might b occurred for hardware, for that I recommend you to proceed for the hardware checking. For that go to the inside if your external hard drive, now right click on the drive name, select properties and then from the advanced tab. Enter into the hardware issue checking option, click on hardware check and wait till it completes the process. In this way also do for the second partition; I think this process will somehow help you to resolve the issue.

Disable the drive which is internally attached in your machine, and plugged the external drive with your machine now from the BIOS setting window, enable this one, and start to access this one. Because I think this is for the operating system which is installed in your external hard drive. So after enable this none, reload the operating system into the drive, and reboot your machine, now check whether the drive is working fin or not in your machine. If this works perfectly, then be sure this will also works, if you plugged it via USB. If still the problem occurring in your external hard drive, then format the whole drive or the partitions which are creating problem. I hope by this you will be able to resolve the issue. Go through this, it will works.