Thread: How to use Bitpim with LG Vu

How to use Bitpim with LG Vu

I have recently bought a brand new touch screen phone called LG vu. It is a good phone with better features along with an affordable price. I think that you might have heard about the BITpim program for CDMA devices for managing the contents inside the mobile. Now my question is s it possible to use it with my LG vu. I don’t know how to use it. If you have any idea about it please tell me. I know that the LG vu is a GSM based mobile phone. But still there might be any chance?

Re: How to use Bitpim with LG Vu

First of all hook up the phone using data cable. Make sure that your phone is in Data access mode.
    • Then launch BitPim in your computer
    • BitPim must demonstrate "Other CDMA phone on COMx"
    • Go to Edit>Settings
    • There modify Phone category in the direction of "LG-VX-8700" (this is the CDMA edition Shine)
    • Push OK and close the settings.
    • Then go for View>View Filesystem
    • Click the Filesystem logo or button.
    • Choose the expand switch at the side of "/"
    • It will declare "Retrieving" in favor of a minute otherwise 2 minute

I have moreover tried this technique but it didn’t work with my brand new LG vu. I think that the new version of mobile phones with new firmware doesn’t work with Bitpim. I have downloaded the latest LG driver as well as got the latest Bitpim software but didn’t work at all. I then realize that I should try it by using the old version of Bitpim. I tried to set via it, it worked fine without any trouble. Also make sure to get the compatible USB data cable.

You MUST contain DATA CABLE with the intention of observe THE SCREENS like these:
    • DATA CABLE will incriminate your cell phone AND allow you observe the monitors underneath
    • USB CHARGING wire will merely show the charging panel.

If you are going to connect the LG vu for first time then I think you should try it first by launching BitPim without connecting the phone. It will help you to get into it. First you should prompt the Autocheck option there, and then move for the file system settings.

I have tried the different setting to make the phone work with BitPim. But everytime I tried to connect it ended up with an error. It also tooks long time to visible in Windows Vista. So I have installed the Windows XP hoping that it might enable me to utilize with LG Vu but still I got the same result. Finally I concluded that it is not possible to manage with a GSM mobile. It only made for CDMA platform.