Thread: Need suggestion on Samsung NF310

Need suggestion on Samsung NF310

I am planning to buy a laptop and i have got my eyes on Samsung NF310. I have liked the design of this device but not sure about the performance and everything. So i decided to make this post to know about the device. If you are having the any knowledge regarding same then please let me know. Price is not an issue for me. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need suggestion on Samsung NF310

The general report of NF310 is more pleasing to the eye. Here no edge trenches, but a frame all round. Can not fail to notice the two species of fins - there are surely related to the "Shark" from its name - that frame its keyboard. For the hull, the manufacturer has opted for a mixture of plastics: Brilliant on the hood and around the slab, and matte on the inside and underneath the machine. Everything is well done, except the palm rest that flexes when pressed a little too above.The separate keypad (14 x 14 mm) provides a smooth, quiet typing. The main fault I can do on the buttons on the right side. The Shift key is too small and when you hit without looking, it is not uncommon to press "<", ditto for the "Enter" key and arrow keys.

With its color metal, multi-touch touchpad of 7.5 cm long spring well. The slide is nice and precise. It would still preferred to see a little broader. The webcam provides a correct record and fluidity acceptable for occasional use. There is however a lack of contrast and a tendency to overexposure of bright areas of the image. From a fan standpoint, the NF310 is doing well because it does not heat much. It is virtually inaudible in office and the fan is activated only when really large calculations (photo editing, video editing). Even so, the noise will be easily covered by the sound of a film or music.

I also like the design of the Samsung NF310 which is having a nice metallic look. The connection is nothing exceptional. There are 3 USB 2.0 ports, 1 RJ45, 1 headphone and 1 microphone and 1 SD card reader. Wi-Fi b / g / n is of course present, along with Bluetooth 3.0. Here, no HDMI for connecting an external display, it must settle for a VGA output. Under the PC, a small hatch allows access to the RAM. The rest is not accessible outside the removable battery.

The performance of this notebook processor N550 destined for desktop use and web browsing. If it is still possible to do photo editing and encoding music or video, it will take patience, because in these areas is far from catching notebooks. Starting Windows 7 starter is done in 45 seconds. Extinction is contributing the least to fifteen seconds. It is only once the desktop appears, you can use the netbook right away, but in general it must wait until the computer finishes starting processes running in the background.

Playing videos in high definition (HD 1080p Blu-ray equivalent) is choppy. Therefore simply type videos DVD or DivX compressed well. Part GMA X3150 can play HD 720p videos properly, but little else.

The netbook game is the hobby enthusiasts. Only models with ATI or NVIDIA graphics parts ION can run some recent games properly, provided that the processor does not limit performance too. The NF310 Shark can not rely on its integrated chipset, it is not in that category. To find the few games he would be able to run properly, you should go in the subject census available on our forum: What games do you manage to run it on your netbook?

One criticism often bury their computers speakers under the hull with a generally poor record and imprecise. Unfortunately here, the positioning of the side of the keyboard is no better. Fortunately, the headphone output catches up instantly and provides a living wage for that computer.

The NF310 has resisted (Wi-Fi off, and headphones plugged in brightness at 100 cd / m²) 5:15 of video playback before shutting down. A self-correct even if the record holder in track ( Wind U115 ) had required 9:52. It is thus placed on the same plane as the Samsung N140 , less powerful. Side space, it slips easily into a bag or briefcase. If after his arm 1.3 kg are felt, once on his back he carries no problem. Now its upto you whether you should go with the same or not.