Thread: Unable to transfer Contacts from SIM card to LG500

Unable to transfer Contacts from SIM card to LG500

I was initially using a Nokia phone but for a change I have purchased a new LG500 and its really serving me the best. I have not changed my SIM and that is the reason I have saved all my contacts of the earlier phone in the SIM memory now when I inserted the SIM card in the mobile phone then everything went in the orthodox fashion and when I tried to move the contacts to the phone memory then it really didn’t allowed me to do the same in fact I didn’t found any option that will help me to save the contacts in phone memory. So please let me know how I can move the contacts from SIM card to Phone memory.

Re: Unable to transfer Contacts from SIM card to LG500

The first thing that I want to tell you here is that whenever we insert any new SIM card in the LG phone then it will ask you directly whether to move the SIM contacts to the phone. I know this think because I am also using an LG phone that is nothing but LG cookie and it asks me whenever I insert a new SIM card in it. Now what you have to do here is that switch off the phone and then remove the battery and then the card nor again insert the card in it and place back the battery and after some time turn on the mobile again and then see whether it asks you or not and if it asks then you have to select yes which will move all your contacts to phone memory.

Well if you want to move the contacts from SIM memory to phone then here are the steps that will help you to do the same.
    • First of all go to menu and then select contact
    • Now in contact you have to select the option called settings.
    • After selecting settings you will find five options they are
      1. Copy contacts from SIM to phone
      2. Copy contacts from phone to SIM
      3. Move contacts from SIM to phone
      4. Move contacts from phone to SIM
      5. Delete contact
    • In that you have to select the Move contacts from SIM to phone
    • And then moving process will start and after that you have to restart the phone to avoid consequences.
    • I am sure that this will help you out of the problem that you are facing.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem where I am not able to view the moved contact. Actually I have recently move the contacts that were saved in SIM to phone but the thing here is that I am not able to view that contacts in the list I don’t know why but really the contacts are almost invisible from the contact list. Have anyone ever faced this problem if yes then please let me know how I can solve the same and also let me know why this problem occurred.

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that there is small settings problem and nothing else. It happens if we are moving anything from SIM to phone and the contact view is set to be SIM then it will not show the contacts which are moved in the phone memory and vice versa. Now what you have to do here us that just go to the contact settings and select the option called contacts view in that you have to select either both the memory or set the phone memory as the default one. This will definitely help you to solve the issue that you are facing.