Thread: How to sync iPod with Linux?

How to sync iPod with Linux?

I have recently purchased a brand new iPod and it is really being doing well and then thing is that till now it haven’t given me any problems. But the only thing that is worrying me here is that I am not able to connect it with my iPod with the system I am using. Actually I am having the Linux operating system installed and it is not detecting the iPod that I am connecting. Whenever I am connecting the iPod to the system then it is showing me nothing on the screen. Does the same thing happen with anyone else if yes then please let me know the way to handle this issue.

Re: How to sync iPod with Linux?

If you are really unable to connect the iPod to the linux system then i will give you few short steps how to connect an iPod to your operating system GNU / Linux. This will be done with udev dynamic routing, and solves many of the problems that arise from having many USB devices connected (USB key, an iPod, a hard drive, iPaq, etc ...) are not known I assign the kernel device (sda1, sdb1, sdc1, etc ...). Note that this installation is for a Debian or derivative. I hope that this information will be help full to you.

If you will ask me then I guess that you haven’t install the itunes on your system and that is the reason why it is not detecting the same.iTunes has been working on Linux with Wine some time. This has allowed playing protected files, but not sync or even the recognition of an iPod. It is true that there are many open source alternatives to iTunes (like Amarok , Banshee and Listen ), which can synchronize to most iPods. However, the iPhone and iPod Touch have to be hacked before it may be synchronized with anyone other than iTunes. Moreover, it is possible to use the firmware update software in Linux. iTune with iPod support is exciting news as discussed in Tombuntu for users of the iPhone / Touch do not want to rely on Windows as well as changing people to use Linux because they are unwilling to stop using iTunes.

Have you ever tried and installed the software or a tool called gtkPod, it is the tool which allows you to sync the phone with the Linux operating system. Gtkpod helps you sync your iPod from Linux, thus avoiding having to use the official application iTunes only available on Windows and Mac. Placing the songs in the Local list, we will see them organized by album, artist, year and style, and we can easily move your iPod with the Synchronize all. Gtkpod also allows us to manage notes, calendars and photographs, creating albums to take with us.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to go with the Rhythmbox. It is the application that you have to install on the system and then try and connect the ipod to the system I am sure that you will be able to get the connectivity and then you can easily access the iPod. Actually I was also facing the same issue and after the installation of the software I am able to solve all the problems and difficulties that I use to get earlier. I can assure you that it will work for you also so don’t think too much just download it and then install the same on the system and get the issue fixed.