Thread: How to install the Humble Bundle games in the linux mint laptop

How to install the Humble Bundle games in the linux mint laptop

I have recently brought some Humble Bundle games for myself but I am not sure how to go with the installation process of the games. So that’s why I thought it would be best to ask this with you all. Well I am not sure whether which kind of file I have to select during the installation and which I don’t. I am a total newbie in this field. So that’s why I request you all to help me guide through this problem. So that I will be able to install the game properly. I am waiting for your responses.

Re: How to install the Humble Bundle games in the linux mint laptop

Well my advice would be to run a .deb file in the particular operating system. Well the specialty of the deb file is that it does the installation process as well as the uninstallation process of any game files very quick. The installation of the .deb file is also very easy. There are various links regarding the deb files in the internet. What you have to do is go and click on the link and install the deb file in your system. So I hope you are clear with my suggestion.

Yes even I agree with the above solution .Even my advice would be to go with the .deb file and your installation process of the games that you have brought will be much faster. So definitely my advice would be the same. I have come across various users who are not sure how it works with the linux file. Let me tell you frankly that there is hardly any difference. It depends on the processor that you are using for the computer. So don’t worry about the operating system and yes go ahead with the deb file. Hope this suggestion helps you.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you all have given me. I have a small query that I would like to clear it with you all. Well what I wanted to know is that out of the 5 games that I had brought only two of them have the deb file installer. While the other three have other files such as tar.gz and .bin. So how can I go with such type of files. So now what can I do? How can I get the deb installer for all these files. Do let me know as soon as possible.

According to me what you can do is install the tar.gz file in the particular operating system. Well what you can do is extract the source file and do the same in the terminal. Go to the terminal and type the following command
    Code:
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    clean install
    This will ensure a clean installation of the particular file. In order to install the .bin file. Type the following command in the terminal
    Code:
    chmod +x file.bin
    ./file.bin
    This will install the bin file in your system. However do try looking for the .deb file. If you don’t get it then your only option would be to install the .bin file as well as the tar.gz file.