Thread: Wifi on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Wifi on Samsung Galaxy Tab

I am having one question which is related to the Samsung Galaxy Tab which is releasing soon. I planing to but the Samsung Galaxy Tab but before that wanted to know whether this device supports WIFI or not. I have gone through the many reviews regarding same but no one mentioned about same.So if you are having any knowledge then do let me know. Thank you.

Re: Wifi on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Yest the first version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is introduced as the WIFI device only, so you can easily run the same. The Galaxy Tab is expensive (read test ) and loads a 3G chip that has not necessarily useful. Samsung understands this and is preparing to release a version of Wi-Fi only, but is it too late?After the relative success of the Galaxy Tab Samsung , the Korean brand is preparing a version of Wi-Fi for the first half of the year. Nothing new on the horizon, apart from a price we hope Samsung takes so damn small to compete to come.

While we show the first tablets with Honeycomb 3.0 Android as XOOM Motorola and LG G-Slate at CES 2011 from Samsung without making too much noise are still betting on the Samsung Galaxy Tab so well that you are bringing (and passed the 1.5 million worldwide shipping). In addition to releasing versions of this tablet that supports the new 4G networks of U.S. carriers from Samsung came out to confirm a WiFi-only version of Samsung Galaxy Tab which will be released in the coming months in the U.S.

The existence of a version of Samsung Galaxy Tab with WiFi connectivity only , and I had talked, but now we have official confirmation of this, but in an updated version with support for LTE networks have had to wait for the CES to meet her. Unfortunately this is a product clearly aimed at the American market because it is a joint venture between Verizon and Samsung to build their 4G networks. But I think important to discuss developments in case brings to any operator, or the manufacturer, decided to fly across the Atlantic. Next to support 4G connectivity, Samsung has decided to upgrade to its Galaxy Tab with a camera with better specs, 5 megapixels instead of 3 of the original, which was not particularly good performance as the samples I have seen.

Another new feature is found in the twist of already powerful chipset Samsung Hummingbird, this time has been uploaded to the speed of 1.2GHz (1GHz in original). Except for the dual-core models, the role is the most powerful chipset on the market. In regard to external appearance, the back cover has a new texture and 4G logo, and the front are like the frame has won a silver border. The boys of Android and Me shared with us a video of the new device.

A negative detail is given in the use of 2.2 as operating system Android, it's not a catastrophe, but seeing both Gingerbread by the ESC would be nice to put the batteries in the actualization, which no doubt have it. Honeycomb is another story that reaches the device, as originally reported yes, but at CES there was no positive news in this regard. By definition, all Tabs Galaxy Galaxy phone is practically a large S, so it seems easier to do Gingerbread get Android 3.0.

In this model we have already spoken , but now is official that will appear in the U.S. market, and no doubt will see the market in our territory. It is necessary that the price of this version (and 3G) is demolition, taking into account the amount of tablets with dual core and Honeycomb we have in a few months on the market. It is speculated not to exceed $ 500.

Specifications, in this case there are no differences with the original version, exactly the same minus the 3G hardware. The operating system also runs on Android 2.2, but no promise of Gingerbread medium term. As discussed above, the harder I Honeycomb, at least in the version we have known tablets at CES . Regardless of these two versions, Samsung Ready to Deliver in Barcelona, MWC 2011, and hinted that other tablets in step IFA, there is no confirmation on the news, but we know that different sizes of 7 inches and 4G connectivity features are two insured.