Thread: Viewsonic VA2223wm poor sound quality

Viewsonic VA2223wm poor sound quality

I have recently bought a new brand Viewsonic VA2223wm and set it up on my Windows 7 machine. I am quite impressed with the display of this monitor but I wonder that this monitor does not have sound at all. I need to make pin drop silence in my room to hear sound from its in built speakers. Can you guys tell me that is it a problem with my monitor's speaker or I am missing some kind of settings?

Re: Viewsonic VA2223wm poor sound quality

I guess your windows machine might not be having maximum volume due to which your monitor is not able to emit the louder sound from its in built speaker. I suggest you to double click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and then check that all the bars are at their maximum limit or not. Have you installed any third party sound manager which might not be having maximum sound setting.

I guess it could be the sound drivers on your windows machine due to which your monitor lacks for louder sound. I suggest you to install the latest drivers for your sound card and specially check that your sound card works properly or not. As if there would be some problem with the sound card then it is but obvious that your machine is not gonna produce the louder sound. Though, I guess your sound card won't be having any other problem but only needs a latest drivers. You should go to the Device Manager for installing the latest drivers.

As you have bought this monitor just before some time then I suggest you to check connecting this monitor to some other computer system just to check its speakers as if they are not working properly there as well then you should simply give back your monitor to the dealer and claim ask for the replacement. And your monitor is not much older, If you dealer refuses for a replacement then you can at least claim for warranty as there must be something wrong with the speakers of your monitor.