Thread: How to increase FPS for webcam?

How to increase FPS for webcam?

I have installed the Logitech QuickCam Messenger on my Windows 7 machine. I am using the Logitech webcam on this machine and I want to tweak up the frame rate of webcam. Logitech QuickCam Messenger says that I can have upto 30 fps but it only gives 15 fps on 320x240, 10 fps on 640x480. Can you guys suggest me how can I increase the frame rate more up to its maximum capapbility?

Re: How to increase FPS for webcam?

I guess your windows operating system does not let you use this software upto its maximum limit. I guess you should check about the same issue by using some other software on your machine which may not show any such issue. At least you would be able to see the capabilities of your webcam. Or you may use the same webcam on some other computer system for the checking the same thing.

I guess the cord by which you have connected your webcam with the computer system. Actually if the cable's capability is not so much to transfer such high bandwidth there it won't be possible to make large changes in the frame rates of captured by your webcam. I suggest you to check that which cable you are using to use your webcam.

I have a question about video editing. The following scenario. I have a movie file with a frame rate of 10 fps. This I would like to extrapolate to 25 fps unless you have a problem. But at 10 fps, it is indeed a jerk so that you see the videos. Now my question would be is there a program that I'd say not only simple frames duplicated but recalculated as a motion picture between 1 and 2 so that one no longer hears jerk. I hope you can understand what I mean.

There are tools such as MotionPerfect DynaPel of the frames together to "morph" and thereby allow the higher frame rate to come. However, it should be clear: since the whole proceeds automatically, the result with increasing distance between source and target frame rate is always unnatural. The slightly more complicated but qualitatively better solution than MVTOOL with AviSynth is here explained. But as well as it stands: one should not expect miracles.