Thread: HP Pavilion dv2915nr not booting

HP Pavilion dv2915nr not booting

Its been three years that I am using this HP Pavilion dv2915nr laptop and screen of this laptop was about to detach from the hinges. So I thought to connect an external monitor to this laptop. I tried connecting it and it was working perfectly with an external monitor. Then I completely detached the laptop screen from the hinges. Since then, I am not able to turn on my laptop. Please help!!

Re: HP Pavilion dv2915nr not booting

I guess you have made some mistake while detaching your laptop screen as there could be some damage in an internal connections of your laptop. I suggest you to open the casing of your laptop and then check that is there any problems with the connections on the motherboard or not. As if you have made any such mistake then connecting an external monitor could get expensive for you.

I guess you should not directly doubt about the motherboard connections, Instead you can check about the battery and power supply on your laptop which is the main reason for checking that is it working or not. You should check that your laptop battery works properly or not. Try starting your laptop directly from the adapter with no battery inside it.

I have one idea which will help you to check that your laptop is not booting up at all or is it just about the monitor not displaying things. I suggest you to connect any external speaker to your laptop and check that it sounds the windows startup sound while turning it ON. If emits sound then there is nothing wrong with your laptop and you have to tweak up with the monitor that you have to connected.