Thread: Nokia E72 - Unable to find server

Nokia E72 - Unable to find server

I have Nokia E72. And from last few weeks I am facing a problem related to connectivity, I am unable to connect my headset with my home wireless network. I put in my key then get “invalid Server name” after approximately ten to fifteen seconds. I then exit web browser and then keep getting pop-up saying “System error”. Along with it, two or three exclamation mark and headset freezes completely. And there is only option remains to make headset work properly is pulling the battery off. Is there anybody who has correct solution for it? Our router is Linksys using WEP 128bit code.

Re: Nokia E72 - Unable to find server

I am also Nokia E72 user from one year. I also faced the same problem about wireless connection few months before. I make a call to service provider’s tech. support department they told me that they don’t support router which you specified. That’s why I suggest you to first make a call to your service provider. If they told that they don’t support hardware’s you are using for connectivity then there is no option except replace them with other ones which supports provider or simply change your service provider.

I suggest you don’t use Wired Equivalent Privacy which is deprecated security algorithm for IEEE 802.11 wireless network instead of it use Wi-Fi protected access i.e. WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and use Pre- shared key passphrase of 13 digits. Make sure that Short for Service set identifier that is SSID is visible. In the wireless local area network access point setup of the phone use Infrastructure (not ad-hoc) and WPA/WPA2. Turn off WPA2 only mode and look at your mobile phones manual to follow the necessary procedures in defining a WLAN.

I search throughout Google to find solution I got following simple steps to solve your problem regarding wireless connection.

Steps:-

• Menu->
    • Control Panel ->
    • Settings->
    • Connection ->
    • Destination ->
    • Access point ->
    • Add new account. Change the WLAN Security mode = 802.1x.