Thread: Skype or other VoIP application for Micromax Andro A60

Skype or other VoIP application for Micromax Andro A60

Dear friends, I have purchased a new Micromax Andro A60 mobile phone which is running on the Android operating system. And I am using BSNL mobile service provider and I have also activated the 3G service on my mobile number. But now I am looking to install a voip application on my mobile phone and I have heard about Skype which is one of the best application for VOIP. Or else should I install any other application. Can you please suggest me some. Thanks

Re: Skype or other VoIP application for Micromax Andro A60

Skype for Android mobile phone is still not official. What I mean to say is that Skype is formally released for Android phones and still you can install it in your phone. But for installing it you will have to first download it from the unofficial places and then install it by checking box for installing apps from unknown sources. This options can be found in your Micromax Andro A60 by going into the phone settings.

I would suggest you to get Truphone which is a VoIP service for mobile phones. The application offers the same features as its competitors, including Fring, and you benefit from free or discounted communications using the Internet connection of your mobile phone (WiFi or 3G), so without paying for the call to your local operator. For getting this app, visit the Truphone website and select your phone model. Enter your mobile phone number. Truphone sends you an SMS with a download link; just click that same link and follow the installation guide. After installation is completed, the program automatically launches Truphone; remember to activate your account.

Another Voip app that you can use for your android phone is 3CXPhone. This application offers you the possibility to make and receive phone calls over the Internet. It can be used for example, your Free SIP, 3CX or Asterisk account, or other VoIP providers. In principle, it is not permitted by the mobile operators to use this kind of software mode on 2G/3G but this application allows it, in addition to WiFi.