Thread: Disable Nokia life tools on 2700 classic

Disable Nokia life tools on 2700 classic

I am using a Nokia 2700 classic as my backup phone and yesterday my nephew was playing some games on this mobile and somehow he enabled the Nokia Life Tool on this mobile phone. Now my phone is overfloating by bunch of messages and all of them are not useful to me. Now I have got annoyed by these messages but as I am not able to find out the way to disable the Life Tool, It has became to hard to use this phone. Can somebody please tell me that how can I disable Nokia Life Tool?

Re: Disable Nokia life tools on 2700 classic

The Ovi Life Tools offers a wide variety of topics for health care, agriculture, education and entertainment. Dieter May, Head of Mobile Phone Services, judged the entry into the Nigerian market as a milestone for Nokia. For example, farmers with the Ovi Life Tools "check market prices without having to travel far." With Nokia's Ovi is an Internet platform for mobile phones on which users can supply such as with music downloads, apps, games and route planners. According to Nokia's Ovi is available in more than 190 countries. Every day, according to the company 2.3 million downloads are made.

I think you have to go to the OVI store from where you have opt out for such services as this SMS service has been provided by the OVI so you need to go there for disabling this service. Now I don't have much idea that where exactly you would be having an option to disable these services but it sounds bit sad that you have to use some of your account balance for disabling this SMS service.

I guess it would be possible to know the perfect way to disable the Nokia Life Tool by calling to the customer care of Nokia as they are responsible for such messages sent on your phone. Please not that, There is nothing related with the carrier that you are using on your phone as they won't be knowing that which services from OVI has been activated on your phone but Nokia care must be knowing about such services. So contact with the Nokia Care as soon as possible.

Nokia has the Nokia Life Tools "presented, the source of information specifically for users in rural areas in developing countries are considered as mobile. Nokia's SMS -based service uses a graphical interface to provide market information to farmers and provide training opportunities. In India, 60 percent of the population works in agriculture. An agricultural information system on weather, prices and availability of seeds and tools as well as current market prices will help them a higher income. The training offered by the Life Tools in turn is meant to improve the literacy and English skills.

Hi,

You could stop the Service by going to Menu> NLT> specific category ie Agriculture > Education > Entertainment > choose specific service for whihc you are reciving the messages ie Agriculture, Learn English, Astrology etc and then go to Options and cancel service.

Alternately you can also mail your mobile number to manoj.p-c@nokia.com and we will be able to deactivate the service for you.

Pls feel free to revert for any further clarifications.

BR
    MPC

As this service can be activated from the Nokia Ovi Life Tool, It can be disabled from the same place as well. I suggest you to go to the Ovi Life tool and then go to the services. Here you need to select for the service that has been activated on your phone and then disable or unsubscribe it.