Thread: Seagate Goflex OR Freeagent OR WD Passport

Seagate Goflex OR Freeagent OR WD Passport

Want to know which of the three Seagate Goflex , Freeagent , WD Passport is the best. what is the basic difference between the three hard drives and even what are the features of these three if you have used it please tell me what is your experience with the device i will be purchasing a hard drive of size 500 GB. Thanks in advance for your response.

Re: Seagate Goflex OR Freeagent OR WD Passport

Here we are, folks. I have heard of the Seagate Goflex 1 TB hard drive on the planet today in our hands. I literally can stick in my back pocket . It's not really called the Slim edition, but we are giving the name until the emotion disappears and discovers that "thin" and not "thin", but the rule. For now, we have been studying this issue inside and out. Discover what they think of this super-slim device terabyte.

I bought WD Passport to replace a passport essential 120GB ... which was built like a tank. Unfortunately, this new product line is not up to Passport. The USB Mini-B is fragile and PC connectivity is lost with the slightest movement of the disk (not large for a portable drive). The silver ink is irregular bleeding and led by white where the paint is thin. I returned my unit and bought a previous generation 500GB Passport Elite ... which has a mini USB. With respect to the virtual CD ... not as bad as some reviews. I would not recommend this disc, and I hope WD can remedy the hardware and cause problems. If you're still on the market for a handheld grab the latest generation of models, before disappearing.

Seagate FreeAgent has a thin shell. There has been a part of aluminum, highlighted by a plastic strip on the side. The metal portion provides a better robustness and can act as a heat sink. In terms of connectivity, there is a single USB 2.0 but no FireWire 400 or eSATA. The 500 GB is not better. Flows on file type means music are down compared to the 250 GB It gets an average of just 26.9 Mb / s reading and 22.1 MB / s write which is far behind the competition.

Well i Prefer WD Passport, this purchase was more than necessary because I needed to transport a lot of information (many ISO's of DVD's, ie all minimal 2-3GB) and also used to back up my files I can not put in place online. It has an impressive transfer rate, but it comes factory pre-formatted in FAT32, so the maximum size per file is very limited (maximum 4GB I think), so it is advisable to pass 100% to NTFS or some other format if not use windows (and EX3). Within the disc is an inclusive software only works on Windows (very bad WD!) And allows synchronization of files between PC's, also encrypts all data with 128-bit AES.

A few days ago I bought the WD My Passport Elite, but I installed the program that brings do not like it, it may be because I can not use it and also because I do not like that organization to bring (documents, images, music) I tried copying and pasting of a lifetime, but will not let me say I can not write. Is there any way? Or to change the default organization. Or maybe uninstall the program from the hard disk to use as a pen drive.