Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get Novatel Ovation MC950D USB modem with UMTS, EDGE, GPRS working in windows XP

Portable Devices

Old 10-01-2011

How to get Novatel Ovation MC950D USB modem with UMTS, EDGE, GPRS working in windows XP

I could not get this thing to function on Windows XP SP2, but it worked approximately right away on Linux. As I was not able to utilize the Windows software to initialize my SIM card I utilized a trick I read in a Huawei, the Huawei E220 USB modem is extremely same feature wise to this one. I place the SIM card in an extra phone and initialized it there. I as well utilized the phone's setup functions to eliminate the PIN code from the SIM; or else you would in fact require the Windows software to enter it at any time you utilized this? Not sure.

Old 10-01-2011

Re: How to get Novatel Ovation MC950D USB modem with UMTS, EDGE, GPRS working in windows XP

/etc/wvdial.conf:

Code:
[Dialer Sunrise]
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB1
Baud = 460900
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0&C1 &D2 
ISDN = 1
Modem Type = USB Modem
Phone = *91#
Username = ''
Password = ''
Now while you utilize the modem it will primary show up as virtual CD ROM and not be observable as USB modem. So I wrote this script '/usr/bin/sunrise.sh':

Code:
#! /bin/bash
sudo modprobe -r usbserial
sudo eject /dev/scd1
sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x1420 product=0x4300
sleep 4
wvdial Sunrise

And because I am a lazy person, I shaped myself a novel launcher with a good icon which executes this command:

Code:
gksudo 'gnome-terminal -x /usr/bin/Sunrise.sh'
So, now all I have to perform is to connect the USB modem into my Linux laptop, wait until the effective CD ROM fraction gets raised and after that click on the symbol. I get asked my password and remain occurs automatically.
Old 10-01-2011

Re: How to get Novatel Ovation MC950D USB modem with UMTS, EDGE, GPRS working in windows XP

I have the MC950D as well and I attempted to obtain it sprint the way it is explained here. But it does not work correctly. I have solved it this method: First I shaped a novel UDEV-Rule /etc/udev/rules.d/80-umts_stick.rules:

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="block", ATTRS {vendor} =="Novatel", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k"
This method I resolved the trouble with the CD ROM. I can stack the USB serial module with my properties. That for me edited /etc/modprobe.d/options and inserted the below line:

Code:
options usbserial vendor=0x1420 product=0x4300
No I have the essential devices and configured KPPP. I think this is a improved way then writing the bath script. I wish I could assist you.
Old 10-01-2011

How do you attach a laptop to a modem thatís previously connected to a computer? I have this PC which is joined to the modem. Is there a method you can utilize a laptop to attach it to the modem also there is internet on both? I attempted connecting it but while I setup the Blueyonder disc it says that there is a USB error driver that I require to eliminate, I think I detached it but it still does not work. While I click the internet on the laptop it says dial up connection and after that failed to setup a connection.
Old 12-01-2011

Why do people think that Internet arrives with a modem? How do I configure my router devoid of a modem? I have cable internet which comes directly into my house with no any modem. It is all the time on and I have a static IP. So how can I build up my router? It presumes that since I have cable internet, I have a cable modem. My investigation on the web all the time presumes a modem. Truly Puzzling!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,