Thread: Medion Laptop boot problem

Medion Laptop boot problem

I have a Medion laptop 41 112 which came with Windows XP operating system but in this I have installed windows 7 which installed very properly, my problem is that it only booted CD's and not DVD I have multiple boot DVD's on which I have created the test but none have been charged - as it sounds jumps of Laser only way and that, even booting from an external USB stick has to made bootable does not succeed, even though the BIOS is the "disposal" is. So far I have not yet found Win7 ISO-Builder for other than DVD but I guess not or you can download Java atm? So please suggest me what to do?

Re: Medion Laptop boot problem

I had exactly the same problem last week on my PC at home. A firmware update for the DVD drive has corrected the error. And related to the question which you have asked over here that it is a good question, of course I had installed Windows as I have FW updated. Perhaps it is also a Linux live CD, I can not answer, unfortunately. But ya I will try to search the solution ofr this issue and as soon as I get I will share it over here.

Hey. I have a problem with my Medion Notebook. According to BIOS settings is the first attempt to boot the CD drive. I tried several CDs, among other things Ubuntu (original) and win xp (also original). It will always start the already installed win xp. Have other PCs frequently seen a boot menu that one with a button that appears at startup, can call. Unfortunately for me is only shown for the F2 BIOS. Can anyone give a tip which is key for the boot menu? Have considered also to flash the bios but have since not really plan and do not trust me. Will not know that even after everything goes nothing . Help me.

The boot menu has no particular taste easily. At least the boot manager from xp. Yes there are many. Once the external XP, GRUB, LILO, boot manager (eg partition magic) and the new 7th of vista / thus the selection screen is the boot-menu must have at least 2 entries. Normally it should have when you install something. However, the so any thing ... if you install the GRUB linux zus queue jumping but windows have a choice, you install windows as a last, then from windows. is the bootmenu

• XP: C: \ boot.ini
    • In vista / 7: Start> Run> "bcdedit.exe /?"
    • On linux: / boot / grub / menu.lst

Because you can then make adjustments. But know what you do. Also you should get the boot menu does not confuse the quick boot-up menu (which have some boards): one is the selection of the operating system, the other is the selection of the boot-medium (without extra to have the bios). the latter can be a key, eg F12 for me, to be called. Do not do that. A BIOS flash, you should A) make only if you're unaware of and / or B) if it cannot be avoided (was at my place of fall: new processor, which is not supported with the old bios). is also dangerous. Because what is wrong, you can dig out your floppy and hope that fix mode again.

You mean the boot menu, the MB. Ya I have did that and want to thank you because I got the solution for my issue. Actually I awas also going through the same issue. The solution which is given over here I have tried that and after trying that the good thing is that my problem get fixed and regarding this I am very much happy. And I do noyt have any kind of issue related to this. So I am just thankful for this.