Thread: Are you using iOS 4 on a 3G iPhone

Are you using iOS 4 on a 3G iPhone

Here I just want to know about your experience in utilizing the iOS 4 on a 3G iPhone. Actually the reason behind this that in my case it is running very slow and also most of the time it is dead. Just for an example that when I want to use the calendar and I try to open that so it take around 5 seconds to open. So it is very slow. So if you have any idea regarding this then please share it. I will be grateful for this.

Re: Are you using iOS 4 on a 3G iPhone

I am successively using iOS4 3GS (32GB). So far I have become aware of a little slow down but not so much, and to be flaxen I am able to live through that. On the other hand there are a lot of troubles that have twisted my phone into a far more helpful paper weight.Even more random crash when the wireless network is switched on. I have had not anything but crashes because the moment I bought the phone i.e. 4 months ago through this. Applications would immediately stop and send me back to the home screen, jointly with screen crashes like you would obtain on a C64 through all colors across the screen, the phone would then reboot one more time. Always when utilizing or have wireless switched on. Since iOS4 that is occurrence far more, but at the present my phone just goes dead. No screen will not react to buttons and takes regarding 20-30 seconds to obtain it to reboot through the home and power button. Once it comes back there is no authority in the phone, even if it was at complete charge previous to the crash. I always obtain random things like half a screen, and then it pops back to lock screen and will not open for a small number of seconds.

I am using IOS4 on my 3G and it absurdly slow. I restored it rather than place it up new. If I restore it as new device I am able to add applications once more time without any kind of no problem and obtain my calendar, contact and email no trouble as I run in exchange but will I lose my text messages and what else will I lose. Will applications work correctly even though it will look similar to a new device? Should I call it the similar name?

I upgrade to iOS4 on my 3g (16GB) iPhone the day it was released. Over time, I become aware that the phone was becoming very slower, in anticipation of one day last week, it took around 5 minutes to open an email through no images.This afternoon, I lastly decided that I would restore the phone one more time, set up as a "New Phone" and turned off the mass of the Spotlight choices as recommended in a number of other forums. My applications are running at a sensible speed, and Safari which was the worst lawbreaker, is much better. I run iTunes on a Mac and use the Address Book and iCal which care greater part of the setup. Really the only fixation I lost was the SMS' but there was not anything pressing that I needed to retain.

As for restoring it as a fresh piece of equipment, the applications will install once more time. You should be capable to sync your email as well. Calendar and contacts will be an additional subject. Depends on the email supplier / application you are making use and how you have the sync set up inside iTunes. I acquainted with if you are making use of gMail and utilize it's contact feature, you should retain them. Unable to make use of about the calendar as I don't make use of it. You will misplaced any personal settings like ringtones, folders, backgrounds etc but they are easy sufficient to set up again.

My 3g is still sluggish since 4.2.1. I was actually hoping that 4.2.1 would have at least permanent a number of the slowness that 4.0 caused. That was one of the points of 4.2.1 for the 3g. Oh well, guess I will stick it out in anticipation of my contract is up and switch to a dissimilar smart phone. I’m tired of hearing that the 3g is the smallest amount of requirement to run 4.2.1.Apple acquainted with that, and they should NOT have made that upgrade obtainable for the 3G.