Thread: Nokia 6260 slide - Precautions while using Speaker Phone

Nokia 6260 slide - Precautions while using Speaker Phone

I have bought a new brand Nokia 6260 mobile phone and I have seen one thing in its advertise about its speaker phone. Can somebody tell me that how can I use this speaker phone with this mobile phone. I am bit afraid of using this speaker phone without any precautions as I have no willing for damaging my new phone by doing any silly mistake just for listening to music.

Re: Nokia 6260 slide - Speaker Phone

I think you just need to connect the speaker phone just like you connect your earphones with your mobile phone. If I am not wrong then it should be having same pin as that of earphones. I guess you should not worry about any damage with the phone as it is not at all going to damage your mobile phone because it has been provided by the Nokia itself so it is not also any third party hardware that you might be connecting with your phone. It has been recommended by the Nokia to connect these speakers in order to enjoy music with more fun!

You should just go through the manual if you have got this speakers along with your phone. There must be the procedure written in the manual to operate this speaker with your mobile phone. But make sure that you have proper battery power in your phone before using this speaker. Not to worry about any kind of damage to your phone as there is nothing harmful to your mobile unless and until that speaker has a pins compatible with your phone's media port.

I have already gone through the manual which came along with this phone and there was not much content about the speaker phone that has been offered with this phone. They have only mentioned it that that is to say don't put the phone to your ear if the Speaker Phone is on as it may hurt your ears. Now this does not indicate that how to use this speaker phone. Anyway, I have tried connecting this speaker to the port where I used to connect my earphones. But still it was not working as there was no sound from it.

I have bought a third party portable speaker phone for my Nokia mobile phone. I have never seen any kind of problem for playing music from this speaker as this kind of speaker are kind of Plug N Play which starts playing as soon as you connect your phone with the speaker. I think there seems to be something with your speaker phone due to which it is not working when you connect it with your phone. I suggest you to take it to the dealer from where you have bought it.