Thread: Cannot connect Ovi Suite/ PC Suite with USB

Cannot connect Ovi Suite/ PC Suite with USB

I have both the Ovi Suite PC Suite installed in my computer. But my problem is that whenever I try to connect my phone (Nokia E63) to my computer then none of them were able to detect my phone. I tried to connect that many times but all the times it is showing me the same thing and I cannot connect that. My previous Nokia 3110 classic phone was able to connect that without any problem then why this is creating problem for my new phone. Please advise me that what should I do solve this problem. Please reply fast because I want to connect internet to my computer with the help of my phone.

Re: Cannot connect Ovi Suite/ PC Suite with USB

I would like to tell you that all the models have their own PC suite and if you have installed PC suite for any other model then also it will not get detected. So first thing that you need to do is to confirm that you are having the PC suite that is compatible with your phone. So search for that on internet and I am sure that you will be able to find that easily. Download and install that to your computer. After installing the proper PC Suite, you can try to connect the phone again. This time you will be able to connect that without any problem.

The installation for the OVI suit may not be proper. Or some of the files of it may be missing from that and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. So you need to install that again and check if that can solve the issue for you. You have to download a fresh setup of this and install that from the fresh setup. I am saying this because it is possible that the setup file that you are using to install is only corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. So tryout this and I wish that this will help you.

Which type of connection are you using? I mean that whether you making use of the cable connection otherwise the Bluetooth connection? If you have the cable connection then there is possibility that the cable used to connect the mobile with your computer having fault in it and that is the reason that it is not giving the suitable connection for the phone. So you can try to make use of a new data cable for your phone and check if that can resolve the trouble for you or not? You can find that cable without any difficulty on any computer hardware shop. It is not very expensive also. Just take and try this. It can resolve the matter for you.

You can tryout this to solve the issue and if that can solve the issue for you then please reply us.
    1. detach the phone from PC if you have attached it.
    2. Now go to Control Panel and open ‘Programs and Features’
    3. From the catalog of available programs, go for ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
    4. Click on ‘Change’ button that is on top of the toolbar.
    5. Select ‘Repair’ from setup dialog box which pops up next and select ok. Wait till the setup is completed.
    6. Restart your computer if it asks you for that.
    7. Now connect your phone to computer. Ovi suite be supposed to sense your mobile acceptably now.

There may be some problem in the port that you are using to connect the mobile to the computer. It is possible that the driver for the USB that you are using is corrupted and that is why it is creating the problem for you. So according to me, you should have to install the latest driver for your usb drive. After installing the appropriate driver, try to connect it with the computer. You can also try to use other ports that are available in your computer. Good Luck!!!