Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad W520 not able to run Turbo BOOST after installing updates

Lenovo ThinkPad W520 not able to run Turbo BOOST after installing updates

Hi, I am have a Lenovo ThinkPad W520 which is running windows 7, but don’t know i am getting problem with the Turbo BOOST as I am not able to run it, an really not able to figure out why this is happening, because of the battery I have in the machine or after installing the updates? So is there anyone having the same problem with their machine, please help me out of this. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad W520 not able to run Turbo BOOST after installing updates

Well, you can run the turbo boost with the help of BIOS you have, and thus I think the bios you have is not capable of handling such a changes in your machine after you have installed the updates. So according to me you should first of all make sure whether you are using a proper rather latest version of the BIOS in your machine or not, and if not then I would like to recommend you that you should first of all have the latest BIOS and then only you’ll be able to use that feature.

As far as I know for your machine you can have BIOS 1.26 version, this would be suitable for your W520. I am also using the same version in my machine and there isn’t any harm using this version. But along with that they have added many more functionality in this version with having a Fix for all the bugs which were presented in the previous versions. So according to me you should try to use this version and then see whether the same is happens or not.

I am agree with the above user as after installing the necessary BIOS this would be resolved but still if suppose you are having the same problem that means there is some problem in the update itself that you have made. So at this moment you need to download the updates again in the machine, or else you’ll not be able to run the feature you have mentioned.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys, it seems that I must have to install the new version in the machine then only I would be able to run turbo boost in the ThinkPad. But still will you please let me know how to see which version we are using in our laptop? Then only it would be came to know that which version should we install. And by the way what are those changes in the newer version and which bugs they have fixed?

As mentioned by the above user I would say you should have that one only, because that is the new version for sure, and so there is no need to check which version you are using the in the machine. And you can download it from your motherboard’s respective website. And if you didn’t got any you can have option to get it from any other source off course. Do keep in mind to restart your thinkpad before flashing the BIOS.

I am sure as this is surely an BIOS Issue so after install the new one you’ll be able to use the turbo as well. With this new version they have Added support for the Resetting the Cryptographic Key Disk Encryption. Now you can have Password Beep function as well. Increased the number of configurable boot devices. With this version you can make use of BitLocker With the 64Bit windows. PXE boot issue is also been fixed.