Thread: Nokia 6700 cannot connect to Ovi suite

Nokia 6700 cannot connect to Ovi suite

I am having a Dell D620 laptop and have installed the Windows 7 Enterprise to it. I have also installed the OVI suite to it. But my problem is that, I am not able to connect my phone to it. I am using the Nokia 6700 phone. When I attempted through the Nokia supplied USB lead then the phone selects 'PC Suite' automatically but the Ovi Suite does not come into view to identify the phone. The computer detects the phone as I can observe it in 'Devices and Printers'. Is there something wrong with the phone or it is the fault with the Ovi Suite. Please help.

Re: Nokia 6700 cannot connect to Ovi store

Earlier, I was also facing the same problem as you told. I was having the Ovi Suit already properly installed in my computer but changing the version of the ovi solved the issue for me. You have not mentioned that what is the edition of the Ovi Suit that you have installed in your computer but in my case, I have updated to the version 3.0.0.284. If you are having any new version of it then my recommendation to you is to you should change back to this edition and install that. This will identify your phone as it is doing fine in my case. So make an effort of this and verify if that can resolve the problem for you. Good Luck!!!

You have also not mentioned that how you are connection the phone to your computer. Is it a cable connection or it is a Bluetooth connection? If you making use of the cable connection then it is probable that the connecting cable that you are making use to connect the mobile with your computer is defective and that is the reason that it is not giving the appropriate connection to the phone. So you can attempt to utilize a fresh cable and make out if that can resolve the difficulty for you or not? You can obtain that cable without any problem from any computer hardware shop. It is not extremely costly. Just purchase and give it a try. It can resolve the problem for you.

I cannot say with confident that it is going to assist you or not but you can go throughout these steps and check if it can resolve the problem for you.
    1. Firstly, remove the phone from computer if you have connected it.
    2. Now go to Control Panel and open ‘Programs and Features’
    3. From the list of available programs, choose ‘Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver’
    4. Click on ‘Change’ button that is on top of the toolbar.
    5. From setup dialog box that pops up next, choose ‘Repair’ and select ok. Wait for setup to finish.
    6. Reboot the computer if asks you for that.
    7. Now connect your phone to the computer. Driver installation must finish as well Ovi suite be supposed to sense your mobile properly.

Re: Nokia 6700 cannot connect to Ovi suite

There is one more possibility that the setup which you are using is corrupted and that is why it is not able to detect your phone. My suggestion to you is to download the new setup from internet and try to install that again from this newly downloaded setup. A lot of of the times, I have observed that installing from the fresh setup resolves the difficulty. So you be supposed to also try this out but ensure that you have good internet connection since many of the times because of awful internet connection the setup gets corrupted while downloading.