Thread: Dell UW457 getting overheated

Dell UW457 getting overheated

Hi all, I am having Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I have already installed the SpeedFan but when I test out the temperature of that then I get that the temperature was about 70 degrees. It was the temperature when I was running at rest. I did a few cooling trick from internet but then also it gets reduced to 58 degrees. But I think that it is very high. Is this the standard temperature for the Dell motherboard or it is a problem? If it is a problem then please inform me the method to resolve that. I will be grateful for every reply.

Re: Dell UW457 getting overheated

The temperature which you are getting is usual by means of the Dell laptop. I am also having the similar laptop and that is giving me the equivalent temperature as in your case. There are lots of of my friends with the identical laptop and are experiencing the similar so I don’t believe that this is a problem but Dell should pay interest in solving this.

I consider that you should try any cooling system to decrease the temperature of your laptops. If it is overheating trouble then this can also have an effect on the additional hardware in your system. It will be better for you to try anu cooling pad for your laptop. There are several presented in the market and you can select the one according to your plan. I am in no doubt that this will decrease the temperature for the system to a huge extend.

According to me you require to upgrade the BIOS in your system. I am saying this for the reason that if you do this then this will increase the speed of the fan and will facilitate you to decrease the temperature for the system. I have done the same and it decreases the temperature for the laptop since 70 degree to 55 which is a big break. You should as well try this and I hope that this will do the same for you.

Your power supplier might be the cause for this problem. If it is supplying extra power than it is predictable by the motherboard then it can generate the trouble similar to overheating. This might also be the reason for the issues like crashing of motherboard otherwise hard disk. So my suggesting to you is to make sure the system with a number of other power suppliers and if that functions well with that then you can alter the power supplier through the new one. It will absolutely resolve the matter if it is associated to the power supplier.

Thank you very much to all of you for your replies. I tried many things to solve the problem but that was of no use and I have accepted the fact that it is the default temperature for mostly all the dell laptop. Now I have bought a cooling pad for my laptop and it is working great for me. It has reduced the temperature of it and now I can work on the laptop without much problem but yes Dell should give attention to this issue. Anyway thank you again for your replies.