Thread: nokia 5230 memory card got corrupted

nokia 5230 memory card got corrupted

I have a nokia 5230 which I am using it from quite some time. I have a memory card which I think it has got corrupted. I don’t know the reason behind it. So what I did was on my friends advice I formatted my entire memory card and I got it formatted. Well after formatting it is showing me the total memory of 32mb. My memory cards memory is up to 2GB. So why is this getting displayed? Do you have any idea why is this happening? If you have any useful suggestions for me then please do share it with me.

Re: nokia 5230 memory card got corrupted

Ok it seems that you need to replace your memory card with a new one. Well have you got this memory card from the mobile. If you have got it with the mobile then you may get it replaced. However it is better to stick with any of the branded graphic card manufacturers like Kingston or the transcend. Well after reading your problem it seems that you have got your memory card from any of the duplicate memory card manufacturers or the china mobile manufacturers. So do stick to the branded product so that you will be ensured about the product.

Well I think I had got it with the cell phone only. I had brought my cell also from a certified vendor. So I don’t think so the questions of duplicate memory card can arise from them. It was working well from past 1 year and it never gave me any issue. Well it happened suddenly and my memory card started showing some different information at that time I thought it might have got corrupted. So I thought formatting would be the only solution. Anyways getting back to the problem have you found any new solution for it.

According to me there is nothing much that you can do about it. Well it appears that your memory card has got corrupted and it need a urgent replacement. Just check with your vendor whether your cell phone has the warranty. If your cell phone is under the warranty then you can get your card replaced from the vendor itself. However if your cell phone has run out of warranty then you can buy any branded memory card from the market like the one from the Kingston.