Thread: How to get GPS connection in Nokia N8 when hardware issue arises

How to get GPS connection in Nokia N8 when hardware issue arises

I certainly notice inside my Nokia N8 some square thing with the red dot stopped flashing that was when Ovi maps halted for take action. Usually that thing stops flashing when it gets GPS lock. And just to message that I'm using incorporated GPS, assisted with the GPS, and Network based location technique. It came to me that perhaps the "Connection has Failed Access Denied" notification was observed when the cell phone tried to connect to the GPS module as well as failed. That is why there was two notifications; for the Integrated GPS and the Assisted GPS? I believe that hardware issue is causing to fail the GPS connection.

Re: How to get GPS connection in Nokia N8 when hardware issue arises

It is likely possible to be hardware issue but almost certainly only yours. Mine GPS connection is working very fine inside my cell phone. I recommend you attempting a few things before require sending it back. Uninstall OVI maps as well as install it new from Beta Labs as well as in addition to that you need to try leaving it open for a few hours as well as see what happens about the hardware problem that causing this problem.

Yeah I too faced the similar problem of not connecting with the GPS properly due to the hardware issue. So I will suggest you to try reinstalling the firmware using ovi set just once I get it completely charged. I just can't recognize the information that out of the millions handset they shipped I got one of those with hardware problem. What fortune if it is so and I am definitely going to have it replaced.

Ok, so now I find out the solution for this problem correctly. It appears that it wasn't a hardware trouble at all. "information use in home network" was place to WLAN appear to be what's causing the problem. However there's a WLAN at this time at home as well as Ovi Maps didn't attempt to connect to it previous to connecting to the server for the A-GPS, consequential in mistake. So I tried out a little with unusual settings arrangement (location methods + connectivity settings). then it will solve your GPS issue very easily.

It appear that if you place WLAN as data procedure in home network and you propose to use A-GPS, you must also make sure the Wi-Fi/Network in the arrangement methods. This technique when you open Ovi maps it will attempt to connect to accessible Wi-Fi network as well as prevent the mistake I was having. I believe my trouble is solved but I also imagine there should be some modification with these two variables/sets in the subsequent firmware update to keep away from this type of problem in the future.