Thread: Social Widget for Nokia N8

Social Widget for Nokia N8

Hi there,

Previously I was using Sony Erricson K790i and this mobile phone was running on the java platform and there are too many application available on the internet and I had downloaded many of the social network application but now I am using Nokia N8 mobile phone and this is based on the Symbian OS ^3 operating system. Now, I am not able to find some social application widgets for this Symbian OS ^3 platform. So if anyone knows from where can I get it then it would be helpful. Thanks

Re: Social Widget for Nokia N8

I am also using this Noka N8 mobile phone and recently I reinstalled its firmware version because of some issues. After doing this, I am not able to see the Nokia Social Widget anymore in my phone, there just disappeated from the homescreen of my phone. But if I am checking it in the application area then I can see them. If I am trying to install Social Widget manually to homescreen then it is not going to the homescreen widget area. Can anyone please tell me what should I do to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Social Widget for Nokia N8

I found some solutions on how to get the Social Widget back on the Nokia N8 mobile phone, please follow my method. First of all you will have to uninstall the Social Widget from the Application Manager. After that you need to download the social app from this website here - http://nmota.messaging.nokia.com/cli..._2_update.sisx and install it in your phone. After the installation is completed just reboot your phone and manually add the social widget from the home screen widget. Hope this works.

If still anyone is facing problem then try my steps. First of all backup all the mobile phone data. After tht download Nokia Software Updater tool from Nokia website. Now do a resetand restore of the firmware. This would make the Social Widget to go missing. After that uninstall Social app from Application Manager. Now restart your phone and install the social application and the widgt from this link - http://nmota.messaging.nokia.com/cli...;1_update.sisx. When you will try to install it then it will restart your phone. Now try to add the Social Widget to Homescreen and restart your phone again to fix this issue.