Thread: Unable to connect Nokia N8 with latest ovi suite

Unable to connect Nokia N8 with latest ovi suite

I am using Nokia N8 from the past 5 months. Recently I have upgraded my obi suite with 3.0.0.284. Now I am unable to connect my Nokia N8 with ovi suite. I tried lots of tricks to solve my problem but it did not help me. I think there is bug in the latest version of the ovi suite. Now I am really frustrated with this situation. Please help me on this situation. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to connect Nokia N8 with latest ovi suite

Well I am having some steps to solve your problem I am not confident that whether it will solve your problem or not but you should at least try. You have to disconnect your mobile phone if it is connected with the computer. Launch the Control Panel and enter in to Programs and Features. Select Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver from the list provided. Now select Change button from the toolbar. Now select Repair and click Ok. You have to wait till the set up is completed. Restart the computer if it requested after the repair. Now plug your mobile with the computer.You should complete the driver installation. I think ovi suite will recognize your mobile phone. Please try it and let me know.

I was also having the similar problem that you have described above. After installing latest version of the ovi suit I was unable to connect phone with the ovi suite. It was constantly prompting that I have to modify the USB mode. I tried to connect and reconnect the phone with the computer but it did not made any difference in the situation. I also tried to reboot both the phone and the computer but still I am facing the same problem

Well you can use the following steps to solve your problem. I think it will help you to solve your problem. First of all you should uninstall ovi suite from your computer. Also delete everything regarding to Nokia N8. Now run rgedit command from the command prompt. Now look for Nokia and Nokia N8 in the system registry. You have to erase everything that you find related to Nokia and Nokia N8. Make sure that you should only delete registry related to Nokia. Now install ovi suite on your computer. Well it’s a trick so I don’t guaranty that it will fix your problem. So I am suggesting you should try at least once

I think there is a bug in the latest ovi suite. I am suggesting you to give brief detail of your problem to the Nokia. You must describe about your system information. Also provide device information and the details of the NOS log. You should tell all this information to the nearest Nokia Care. They will solve the bug accordingly and they will release the update version of the ovi suite. Thanks a lot for reading.