Thread: Nokia N8 takes lots of time to get a gps lock

Nokia N8 takes lots of time to get a gps lock

I am using nokia N8. I always use integrated GPS I get lock in nearly one minute. But sometimes it takes Lot of time. What I need to do? Am I lookout all settings or is there anything wrong at provider’s side. It is really painful for me when it crosses the ages when I am in journey.

Re: Nokia N8 takes lots of time to get a gps lock

The “GPS” system generally activated by user when he went outside. There is no use of GPS system if she takes lot of time to lock. There is an easy solution I have for you which really effective one. You just have to change your server address or in Gps language say change the positioning server address from Nokia to Google. It is really an effective procedure to make your Gps fast. It seems that when you are making frequent turns like sitting in moving car or walking across big buildings Gps signals strength reduced. For proper working they have to receive at least four navigation's signals from different satellites. As soon as they receive signals they works properly.

If you doesn’t get desired output by changing positioning server name then try to repeat the same procedure at offline mode. A GPS that has been off for more than some short length of time must have to receive a complete navigation message from at least four different satellites before it can achieve 3D lock and start tracking your exact position. When your vehicle is sitting still or you are in clear view of the sky, the signals received by your GPS from the satellites are relatively stable. This allows you to lock it, as soon as possible.

Here is last and final option to avoid reaching gps lock till ages is avoid hard grips to antenna section of your phone and move few steps further to receive more satellite signal. Normally most of Nokia devices antennae placed at bottom of keyboard or screen and on top. so keep your antennae position such that you will receive better single strength.